Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Huh? Companies under the rule of Windows are subject to follow all of Microsoft's laws, including that they have to upgrade their version (under those silly "retirement cycles"). Plus, they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Huh? Companies under the rule of Windows are subject to follow all of Microsoft's laws, including that they have to upgrade their version (under those silly "retirement cycles"). Plus, they have to deal with these massive international worms. Companies lose cash every time this happens.

Companies under the rule of Windows "are subject to follow all of Microsoft's laws, including that they have to upgrade their version (under those silly "retirement cycles")
    We still run Office 97, Microsoft can only terminate support for a given product but can't dictate upgrades.

Linux Enthusiast
    Think about it: you pretty much dictate upgrades when you terminate operating system support.
    BTW, Office 97 is the only suite I'll ever use, it's so thin and hardly takes up any RAM

Plus, they have to deal with these massive international worms. Companies lose cash every time this happens.
    The IT department at the company where I work pushed patches on the LAN and posted patches for remote user to download/install last Wednesday.

Don't blame Microsoft for the actions of lazy ass IT personnel, those companies that were hit should fire their IT departments starting at the top.

Linux Enthusiast
    And it's almost funny, I was going to switch to Windows 2000 next Saturday.
    It's a sign from the gods...

Believe it or not but Office 2003 uses less ram than 97 does. I've had both installed on my desktop and laptop.

I think I saw the same exact worm and got rid of it by going into Safe Mode and Installing AVG Updating it and Deleting it.
    \"TTFN Taa Taa For Now\" by Tigger in Winnie the Pooh
    http://www.distrowatch.com Linux Distros
    We Live in a Windows World but there is Linux to save the day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2