Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: termanial?

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Linux User zacam87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Viriginia
    Posts
    284

    termanial?


    http://www.lynucs.org/index.php?scre...6c914&p=screen

    ok guys ive been trying to figure this out when ever it comes to my mind when im on my linux box... you see that text in htis screenshot? it looks like its a terminal or somehting but its completealy transparent and there is no borders at all around it? well ive tried to do that eith my treminal and i always still have a border around it.... do any of you have anyhting set up like this screen shot? i cant figure out how to do it...
    I can imagine a perfect world, a world without hate, a world without war. Then I can imagine us attacking that world because they\'d never expect it.

  2. #2
    Linux Engineer LondoJowo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Posts
    804
    It's Elinks which is a text based web browser.
    http://elinks.or.cz/

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    It's Elinks which is a text based web browser.
    http://elinks.or.cz/
    Um, I don't think that's what he meant.

    I would also like to know. Maybe it's something specific to that distro?

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #4
    Linux Guru budman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knee deep in Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Posts
    3,901
    Not elinks. Here are some elinks screenshots

    It could be one of these.
    Applications used in this screenshot

    * XMMS : The best Winamp-like audio player for unix systems, featuring advanced playlist and lots of plugins
    * Aterm : A powerful VT100 terminal emulator for X with extreme configuration possibilities.
    * FluxBox : A lightweight BlackBox-based window manager with many features.
    * Slackware Linux : A powerful old Linux Distribution.
    * Kadu : A KDE client for the polish messaging network Gadu-Gadu
    * WMifinfo : WindomMaker (and compatible) DockApp that shows status of network interfaces.
    * WMfsm : WindomMaker (and compatible) DockApp showing some filesystem statiscs.
    * elinks
    * wmnet
    * wmcube
    * wmclockmon
    * wmwether
    If you want to learn more about linux take a linux journey
    https://linuxjourney.com/
    Use CODE tags when posting output of commands. Thank you.
    https://www.linuxcounter.net/cert/608410.png

  6. #5
    Linux Engineer LondoJowo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by geek635
    Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    It's Elinks which is a text based web browser.
    http://elinks.or.cz/
    Um, I don't think that's what he meant.

    I would also like to know. Maybe it's something specific to that distro?
    From the Elinks manual.
    http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/manual.html
    "9.1.6. Transparency

    Determines whether or not to set the background to black. This is particularly useful when using a terminal (typically in some windowing environment) with a background image or a transparent background. If this option is enabled the background will be visible in ELinks as well.

    Note that this boolean option makes sense only when colors are enabled. On by default."

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    Quote Originally Posted by geek635
    Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    It's Elinks which is a text based web browser.
    http://elinks.or.cz/
    Um, I don't think that's what he meant.

    I would also like to know. Maybe it's something specific to that distro?
    From the Elinks manual.
    http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/manual.html
    "9.1.6. Transparency

    Determines whether or not to set the background to black. This is particularly useful when using a terminal (typically in some windowing environment) with a background image or a transparent background. If this option is enabled the background will be visible in ELinks as well.

    Note that this boolean option makes sense only when colors are enabled. On by default."
    Oh, I never reliased that! I might have to try eLinks now. I thought it was just almost the same as Links.

  8. #7
    Linux Engineer LondoJowo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    Not elinks. Here are some elinks screenshots
    Look at the center of the taskbar in the screenshot. "Elinks - Linux"

  9. #8
    Linux Guru budman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knee deep in Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Posts
    3,901
    Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    Not elinks. Here are some elinks screenshots
    Look at the center of the taskbar in the screenshot. "Elinks - Linux"
    If you want to learn more about linux take a linux journey
    https://linuxjourney.com/
    Use CODE tags when posting output of commands. Thank you.
    https://www.linuxcounter.net/cert/608410.png

  10. #9
    Linux Engineer LondoJowo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Posts
    804
    I sorta cheated and checked out Elinks before I posted.

    Google is my homey

  11. #10
    Linux User George Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pepperland
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    I sorta cheated and checked out Elinks before I posted.

    Google is my homey
    It's actually "homie"



    I'm just kidding you.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •