Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Good post, aysiu. Have a cookie!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Good post, aysiu. Have a cookie!
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Just Joined!

Re: Anatomy of a well-intentioned Linux Troll (or how I learned to stop worrying and love the penguin)

Though I can't say I read ALL of it, (tl; dr) I did most, and it was very interesting. I agree very much.

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu
    The last bad assumption these trolls have is that Linux distros are Linux.
    I know exactly what you mean, I was on another forum the other day, and some dumb 05'er made a thread saying 'Microsoft should buy Apple and Linux.' After three people stated that you can't 'buy' Linux, and it is only a kernel. Somebody follows up by showing us a link to buy SuSE online.

Just Joined!

Re: Anatomy of a well-intentioned Linux Troll (or how I learned to stop worrying and love the pengui

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth
    Though I can't say I read ALL of it, (tl; dr) I did most, and it was very interesting. I agree very much.

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu
    The last bad assumption these trolls have is that Linux distros are Linux.
    I know exactly what you mean, I was on another forum the other day, and some dumb 05'er made a thread saying 'Microsoft should buy Apple and Linux.' After three people stated that you can't 'buy' Linux, and it is only a kernel. Somebody follows up by showing us a link to buy SuSE online.
    I wonder if the same people think that Mick Jagger is going to show up at their door if they order a Rolling Stones CD from Amazon?

Linux Engineer
    LOL...

To the topic starter: I loved the story you wrote... Very didactic .
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Linux User

Re: Anatomy of a well-intentioned Linux Troll (or how I learned to stop worrying and love the pengui

Quote Originally Posted by tahuya_rat
    I wonder if the same people think that Mick Jagger is going to show up at their door if they order a Rolling Stones CD from Amazon?
    Or perhaps they're people who've been indoctrinated by Microsoft and need to be cut a little slack... :P
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Linux Newbie

Very good post, aysiu All new users should read that before anything... especially if they're new to Linux Have a banana
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth
    Just 1 word: ROFLMAO
    You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

well said aysiu, the mods should make it sticky for all new users to read.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Linux Enthusiast
    great title ...and good read

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2