Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
yesturday i was at my local barnes and nobles with my friend and i started looking through the magazine section where i found 3 different linux magazines, the one i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

linux zines

yesturday i was at my local barnes and nobles with my friend and i started looking through the magazine section where i found 3 different linux magazines, the one i liked the most was i think titled "linux format". i liked reading it better because it had debates like gnome or kde, text based or gui. oh well, i don't know if any of you have ever read it or not, but it was pretty expensive and also came with a copy or arch linux. just wondering if there were any other cool linux magazines?
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules or else.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-32793.html

I'm a fan of a UK publication, Linux User & Developer.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

for the new user http://www.tuxmagazine.com/

i get this in my email and its free.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

I used to read Maximum Linux until Imagine in their infinite wisdom decided to can it. I'm happy that they didn't can MaximumPC too.
    Dell Precision T7400 Workstation
    Dual 3.33Ghz Xeon "Harpertown" Core
    16GB PC5300 DDR2 ECC CL5
    BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC 2GB
    X-Fi Platinum
    HP w2408 24" Monitor
    Dual Boot:openSUSE 11.2/Win 7 Ultimate

linux zines

I like Linux Format a lot, although it is pretty exprnsive. Tux Magazine is also pretty cool, especially delivered over the internet for free.

Linux Magazine and Linux Journal are a couple of others, with Linux Magazine being somewhat less technical the Linux Journal, in my opinion.

I at least go thrugh most of these (Linux Format only occasionally because of cost) to see what is going on in the Linux World.

I have been buying LinuxFormat for about two years, always loved it. I would still by it but it cost 12.50 (about $15). Considering that with my new web connection I can D/L any distro I want and most of the news I've already gotten on /. or is a month old by the time it's in the magazine I've started easing off. There are some great tutorials in it. Got me through the some of the tougher early days. I remember months had gone by with distros installed, but past the install I was often clueless. Then I found linuxformat...

oz
    forum.guy
    Linux Format is probably my favorite, but it's getting to the point that most all magazines are too expensive for me, at least when you consider what you are getting for your money. You pay an arm and a leg for the magazine that's fully loaded with nothing much but advertising, and then the advertisers pay plenty from their end, too.

A couple of weeks ago, I took a 112-page magazine (won't mention the name) and counted the advertising pages in it, which came to a grand total of 84 pages. This means there were only 28 pages of articles, or other helpful reading.

Having said that, I do still look at the magazines when in book stores, but rarely buy them anymore.

My sister is a fashion guru, she likes to buy the UK release of Vogue, but loves to get the US release of Vogue - it has all of the same articles but twice as many pages. You see Fashion people are the opposite, they like having an extra 200 pages of ads

Linux Newbie
    is this tux magazine free as in you get issues of it sent to your home?
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules or else.

thru email
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast