Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
yes, I used Dreamweaver. Great program....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

yes, I used Dreamweaver. Great program.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by aysiu
    If you don't have a blog yet, I wouldn't put it under extras as "coming soon"--I'd just leave it out. Maybe it's just me, but I hate clicking on something only to have it lead to nowhere.
    You're absolutely right. I was putting off the blog installation; I just installed WordPress.

New Website

And celticgeek, thanks for noticing the lack of a "home" button, I had the header linked to /index.html, but I don't think that's intuitive enough. I will have to rethink the /index.html link.
    I missed that totally, even with it showing up in the html.

Sorry about that, it just may be me.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    could anyone tell me how to make my page center itself in the browser window when it displays?

Quote Originally Posted by hooohaa2
    could anyone tell me how to make my page center itself in the browser window when it displays?
    I'm not sure if this is deprecated, but you could use the <center> tags.

New Website

The <center>...</center> tags work.

I believe that the positioning problems with the text, that I am seeing, are due to some problem with the positioning statements in your various <span> tags. I took some of that out, including the class information in your

tags and it helped the overwriting, but it did place your text in different locations on the page. You might want to check the absolute positioning information again.

If you want, I can send you the revised html that I used, although mostly what I did was to remove the style, class, and span information from your about.html file.

Good luck.

Just Joined!
    that would be great. bryan@harvest-fields.net Thanks very much. <center> tags jack my stuff all up, I don't know where to put them,

Quote Originally Posted by hooohaa2
    that would be great. bryan@harvest-fields.net Thanks very much. <center> tags jack my stuff all up, I don't know where to put them,
    They should be wedged between the body tags.

<body><center> </center></body>

Just Joined!
    The only way I knew to position the small link images was to use span tags, and I used span tags for lots of other positioning, so now when I add the center tags between the body tags I get something that looks like this: http://harvest-fields.net/centertagsbeatme.html

I don't know any other way of positioning my images and text. Using <span> tags seems like the wrong way to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2