Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Would you participate in such an event?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 14.29%
  • No

12 85.71%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Anybody here seen March of the Penguins yet? I just saw it yesterday and it gave me an idea... A human acted remake set on the road bill gates lives ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Casting Call

Anybody here seen March of the Penguins yet? I just saw it yesterday and it gave me an idea...

A human acted remake set on the road bill gates lives on...

Think about it, a few dozen linux users gathering together, dressing up as penguins and walking in a continuous loop down the street/around the block where billy lives. Imagine his face when he wakes up, looks out his window and sees a stream of penguins marching down his street. AFAIK the street is public property,(unless he bought that too) so nobody can say anything if a bunch of people walking down the street just happen to be dressed as birds.

And to really screw him up, we could have a few people dress up as burning foxes...

oz
    forum.guy
    I voted "no", but might change my mind if Bill will pay for the penguin suit and the trip to his place.

You would think a person would actually do some research before coming up with a lame idea like this. He lives so far from the road that you would never be seen.

http://www.zpub.com/un/bill/ecology.html
    Dell Precision T7400 Workstation
    Dual 3.33Ghz Xeon "Harpertown" Core
    16GB PC5300 DDR2 ECC CL5
    BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC 2GB
    X-Fi Platinum
    HP w2408 24" Monitor
    Dual Boot:openSUSE 11.2/Win 7 Ultimate

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Casting Call

It looks pretty unaminous at this point, however, this sort of thing has been tried:

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/08/19...ed_activi.html

it might be interesting, but who knows if the message will get across.

Just Joined!
    Mind you this was never intended to be fully serious. Just a small amount of insanity.

The thing in berlin was more a statement, this was just kind of a paranoia thing.

Linux Guru
    If Bill's house is too far away, maybe the US Patent Office would be more convenient? Or even Congress, to tell everyone that open source and no software patents means liberty for the information age. How can legislators argue with "free as in freedom"?
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

Quote Originally Posted by drakebasher
    Or even Congress, to tell everyone that open source and no software patents means liberty for the information age. How can legislators argue with "free as in freedom"?
    I'm sure they already understand that free as in freedom also means you're free to patent your intellectual work and free to charge for it if you so see fit. That freedom thing is like a dual edged sword.
    Dell Precision T7400 Workstation
    Dual 3.33Ghz Xeon "Harpertown" Core
    16GB PC5300 DDR2 ECC CL5
    BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC 2GB
    X-Fi Platinum
    HP w2408 24" Monitor
    Dual Boot:openSUSE 11.2/Win 7 Ultimate

Linux User
    So, we're going to promote the fact that Linux is an OS that deserves consideration by normal people by... dressing up as . . . penguins...

Now, getting hundreds of real penguins and setting them loose in Bill Gates' garden is a completely different matter... :P
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Just Joined!
    Again, this was neve meant to be a statement of any kind, just somethining to drive bill nuts.

Stuff like mailing him big full color phots of tux. Or dropping dozens of those little penguin plushies.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
    Now, getting hundreds of real penguins and setting them loose in Bill Gates' garden is a completely different matter... :P
    The deviant wee child in me wants to do this. It may not put accross a valid point but it would be funny.
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast