Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by jens Originally Posted by Curlydave It doesn't really matter.... He could just as easily be using su/sudo and cause the same problems. Sudo is actually more secure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlydave
    It doesn't really matter.... He could just as easily be using su/sudo and cause the same problems.
    Sudo is actually more secure in this(mostly cause it can't use as many commands at the same time).
    You also need to setup sudo so the user is able to execute a certain command at all - but again, if you've got the root password, that shouldn' t be a problem. I bet his pw is not that difficult to crack.

Anyway, the ancient Greeks called this behaviour 'hybris'. They also said the Gods would punish mortals for behaving that way But it ain't gonna be me. I simply don't have enough knowledge about that.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Linux User
    So next time you see him, just say, "Zeus knows..." and give him a portentious look.

Wearing a toga would help.
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Linux User
    [quote="borromini"]
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlydave
    It doesn't really matter.... He could just as easily be using su/sudo and cause the same problems.
    Anyway, the ancient Greeks called this behaviour 'hybris'. They also said the Gods would punish mortals for behaving that way But it ain't gonna be me. I simply don't have enough knowledge about that.
    I wish these belifes were still around when I did tech support..things would of been easier.
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4