Find the answer to your Linux question:
As a big RSC Anderlecht(Brussels) supporter, I'm a very happy person. http://www.rsca.be/ Match report Wednesday, 24 August 2005 e-mailPrint RSC Anderlecht confidently booked their place in the UEFA Champions League ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Football: RSCA, here we are again!

As a big RSC Anderlecht(Brussels) supporter, I'm a very happy person.
    http://www.rsca.be/

Match report

Wednesday, 24 August 2005

e-mailPrint

RSC Anderlecht confidently booked their place in the UEFA Champions League group stage with a fine away victory to clinch their third-round qualifying tie against SK Slavia Praha.

Late strikes
    Late goals from Serhat Akin and the in-form Mbo Mpenza sealed a comfortable victory on the night for the Belgian outfit, who were defending a 2-1 lead from the first leg in Brussels.

Resolute defence
    Slavia had plenty of possession in the early stages but found it hard to create chances against the well-organised and resolute Anderlecht defence. But the Czech team were so intent on attack that, as the game wore on, they looked more and more vulnerable on the counterattack while they continued to find it hard to breach the Belgian side's defence.

Serhat chances
    Serhat was the liveliest player on the pitch and could have scored twice in the first half, first when he failed to connect with a Bart Goor cross and then when he shot wide. The nearest Slavia came to scoring in the first half was Patrik Gedeon's shot which almost found the target.

Anderlecht pressure
    The impressive Serhat almost opened the scoring in the opening minutes of the second half but watched his shot from a Goor cross go just wide of the Slavia post as Anderlecht showed renewed intent. At the other end Martin Latka could have put Slavia ahead on the night had his head made contact with a LukᚠJarolím cross.

Serhat strike
    But the Belgian side's greater menace overall was rewarded after 72 minutes with the goal that effectively sealed victory. Swedish international Christian Wilhelmsson was the creator with a defence-splitting pass which found Serhat and he rifled the ball past Matúš Kozácik with his left foot.

Mpenza clincher
    Serhat underlined an excellent individual performance by then creating the second goal for Mpenza after 84 minutes. The Turkish international worked the ball to Mpenza and his precise finish just inside the far post ensured there would be no comeback for the Czech team.

Slavia woe
    Slavia miss out at the qualifying stages for the fifth time and have to settle for a UEFA Cup first round place while Anderlecht take their by now customary place in Thursday's group stage draw in Monaco.

ŠPress Association 2001-2005. All rights reserved.
    http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL...Report=RP.html

Slavia turned out to be a very unprofessional and unsportive team though:
    http://www.rsca.be/article.php?aid=1...nu=1&submenu=1
    Seems one of their own staff members stole all personal stuff from all RSCA players.
    They now risc a very big UEFA sanction(this might even end their European dreams for ever).

you're lucky you support a team that can play football. i'm stuck supporting the toon army. they just don't do their fans justice!
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Linux User
    Hah! Toon Army? My local team is Posh...

The team I support are the Tampa Bay Bucs, who didn't fare much better last season...
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Congrats on the Match ... very cool when your team wins

At least that's what I've heard (Cubs / Bears fan)

I also hope the players got their stuff back

Quote Originally Posted by Odd_Bloke
    Hah! Toon Army? My local team is Posh...

The team I support are the Tampa Bay Bucs, who didn't fare much better last season...
    Try being a Detroit Lions fan.
    At least we have the Red Wings and Pistons.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    Try being a Detroit Lions fan.
    At least we have the Red Wings and Pistons.
    Indeed. However, my allegiances are not set by location, more by exposure. As I'm a Brit who's never visited America, my first exposure to football was the Madden 2004 demo (Bucs vs. Raiders), so it was always gonna be a toss up between the two. My first exposure to baseball (my favourite sport) was Game 1 of the 2003 World Series, during which I became a Marlins fan (about a week before they won, I might add! :P), Ice Hockey is the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, because I liked the name... :P
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB
    I also hope the players got their stuff back
    They didn't.
    They even stole Zetterberg's insulin(diabetes)...
    They also stole very personal stuff like wedding rings.
    Zitka, a Czech from RSCA, even said he was ashamed to be Czech that day.
    It's also sure they had to have a key(meaning it must have been one from the Praha members)
    (most think this was a trick to break their spirit in the second half)...

Our pool draw really sucks though:
    Group G
    Liverpool FC (ENG, current Champion)
    Chelsea FC (ENG, probably the best team in the world)
    RSC Anderlecht
    Real Betis Balompié (ESP, Spain has still the best competetition in the world)

All pools:

2005/06 UEFA Champions League
    Group A
    FC Bayern München (GER)
    Juventus FC (ITA)
    Club Brugge KV (BEL)
    SK Rapid Wien (AUT)

Group B
    Arsenal FC (ENG)
    AFC Ajax (NED)
    AC Sparta Praha (CZE)
    FC Thun (SUI)