Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by George Harrison I do find it odd that the sterotypical open source users immediately think that everything is a Linux hating link and become immediately offensive about ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    I do find it odd that the sterotypical open source users immediately think that everything is a Linux hating link and become immediately offensive about it.
    I don't find it odd at all. There is a lot of anti-Linux FUD out there and even in here (on the forums), so it's not surprising that people would get overly defensive about Linux. It is surprising, though, that people would be so opinionated about an article they didn't even read!

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    Go and try out Xandros. Come back tomorrow and tell me what you think.
    i thought it was a piece of crap
    registered linux user #390920 << makes me feel important

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by whisker
    hmmm...I am pretty fond of it...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    Xandros is awesome, because it takes all of the good qualities of windows xp and throws away all of the bad qualities. There's nothing wrong with windows xp really, it's just that I hate activation, I hate msn, and it can't read linux partitions, and there's no reason to believe that microsoft will make windows capable to deal with linux partitions. Oh, and kde is cooler. And xandros likes all of my hardware. And can read and write windows partitons. gee, I guess I dislike xp more than I thought I did.
    Many people love suse, but for me it crashed more than windows 98 and the error messages were oh-so-confusing. n00bs are frightened by error messages. Therefore I don't recommend suse to any computer illiterate noob. I was surprised to discover that xandros is actually easier to use than xp, which is damn hard to beat.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by whisker

all of the reviews I've read have been unbelievably glowing. I haven't seen anything under 9/10...

Just Joined!
    yea, even gurus praise it...can't be all that bad. And crossover office=awesome. I'm setting up my mom's laptop with Xandros so she can still use MS Office (windoze is all she's used to..sigh).

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu
    Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    I do find it odd that the sterotypical open source users immediately think that everything is a Linux hating link and become immediately offensive about it.
    I don't find it odd at all. There is a lot of anti-Linux FUD out there and even in here (on the forums), so it's not surprising that people would get overly defensive about Linux. It is surprising, though, that people would be so opinionated about an article they didn't even read!
    ok, fair enough.

I recall trying Xandros out a bit ago and I really liked it.. I wish they would release more new versions a bit more frequently. eh, guess you can't complain when it's Xandros.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Just Joined!
    Oh my god, this guy is an absolute genius!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3