Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
by then people won't be able to understand "peace" How many years has the so called civilized world existed? If it hasn't happened by now it probably never will....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

by then people won't be able to understand "peace"
    How many years has the so called civilized world existed? If it hasn't happened by now it probably never will.
    Dell Precision T7400 Workstation
    Dual 3.33Ghz Xeon "Harpertown" Core
    16GB PC5300 DDR2 ECC CL5
    BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC 2GB
    X-Fi Platinum
    HP w2408 24" Monitor
    Dual Boot:openSUSE 11.2/Win 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal // anarchism
    i'm trying to prove a point here, if there were no class divisions or any of that and people could work together and treat everyone as equals then there wouldn't be such problems and if someone commits a crime then they can be kicked out and left to starve and die.
    or instead of starving they raise an army from another community of people they have kicked out and attack the other community to survive.

this was how the monarchys developed in europe!

study history you will find that anarchy only works in small numbers till they get too big then someone feels more important than others then they conquer the others.

then again the community you describe still has to have some form of governmental rule to decide what the rules are and what the punishments are that still doesnt sound like self rule. you just sound like an idealist. sure that would be ideal but the hundreds of other scenarios are not taken into account. when you have a city of about oh oklahoma city has a high number of citizens i am not sure how many i know its more that 100,000 you get a situation where you have people who dont care about each other because they dont know each other one person could fall over dead and no one would notice its a basic coping skill of people in large groups.

there was an experiment worked out by an anthropologist where he had someone fall over like they were having problems in a small town people rushed over to see if the person was ok and was caring. but in the big city people walked around like the person was a fallen tree. its a coping skill bread into us after thousands of years of coping with strangers.

go on an prattle about no government being better but in an ideal world with ideal conditions it sounds wonderful but we are talking about humans here.

we are talking about the same humans who some of which still believe the world is flat and that god is exacting revenge on us with hurricanes and tsunami's
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    by then people won't be able to understand "peace"
    How many years has the so called civilized world existed? If it hasn't happened by now it probably never will.
    you and everyone else can tell me that I make no difference with what i say or believe in, at least iím ****ing trying. am i really living in some dream-world when i say charging rent is theft and class divisions are wrong or that there should be no war because it's just ongoing destruction? the problem is no one wants to help out only complain, it's not about politics it's about people.
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules or else.

If you want to be a dreamer so be it, I'll keep on being a realist.
    16GB PC5300 DDR2 ECC CL5
    X-Fi Platinum
    HP w2408 24" Monitor

Linux Newbie
    If you want to be a dreamer so be it, I'll keep on being a realist.
    i'll keep being a dreamer if you and people like you stay apathetic <3

but stopping war has nothing to do with government you can have government and not war but then someone with a big stick will come along and want to fight again study history the US had a policy to not do anything and got attacked.

and paying rent is theft? are you not paying them to take care of the facilities you live in. that is what rent is. you are paying someone to live on someone else property and let them maintain it. you are trading services for money. do you expect them to let you live in a place they spend money maintaining and not make you pay anything but yet they keep putting money out to fix your sink your heating and air and alot of the time you only pay for phone and electric.
    Blog

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosponti
    but stopping war has nothing to do with government you can have government and not war but then someone with a big stick will come along and want to fight again study history the US had a policy to not do anything and got attacked.

and paying rent is theft? are you not paying them to take care of the facilities you live in. that is what rent is. you are paying someone to live on someone else property and let them maintain it. you are trading services for money. do you expect them to let you live in a place they spend money maintaining and not make you pay anything but yet they keep putting money out to fix your sink your heating and air and alot of the time you only pay for phone and electric.

shelter and food should be a right not a privilege, "property" shouldn't be owned by anyone. if someone's roof colapses or toilet floods then we should all come together and help them fix it...that's what a community's for.

How is being realistic being apathetic? No one in this world is going to give you something for nothing. Well, other than advice. If you don't like paying rent, go buy a house. I work hard and worldwide (I go where the work is) to make sure my family needs are covered. I don't want any handouts and truly don't like to see my tax money given to lazy ass people who thinks the government should take care of them rather than work for what they get. I do give money to people in need (ie tsunami last year and katrina this year).
    16GB PC5300 DDR2 ECC CL5
    X-Fi Platinum
    HP w2408 24" Monitor

you are missing the point AGAIN. if you decide to live in an apartment you are agreeing that it is ok to pay someone to put a roof over your head and you DONT have to work to keep its up keep. that is not any different than living in a place where you do chores to live there. whether its money or a community supported home where everyone lives you are still contributing SOMETHING to live there. i have stayed in places like you talk about and there is still some amount of involvment on your part in the process whether you trade a service of helping with up keep or dole out money you are still doing the same thing. and that is the way things were done and still done in some cases. the places i stayed called hostels are where that goes on you contribute a small amount of money for financial upkeep but do chores and help cook and such and its great but it is still rent none the less.
    Blog

Linux Newbie
    How is being realistic being apathetic? No one in this world is going to give you something for nothing. Well, other than advice. If you don't like paying rent, go buy a house. I work hard and worldwide (I go where the work is) to make sure my family needs are covered. I don't want any handouts and truly don't like to see my tax money given to lazy ass people who thinks the government should take care of them rather than work for what they get. I do give money to people in need (ie tsunami last year and katrina this year).
    good for you, i have nothing against the working class core just don't go shitting on my ideology when all i want is a better future, in the end we're all dreamers all our ideologies won't ever be fully achieved.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast