Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
The people who are the most ardent proponents of anarchy would be the first to die if it ever happened....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

The people who are the most ardent proponents of anarchy would be the first to die if it ever happened.
    "If you are out to describe the truth leave elegance to the tailor."
    -Einstein

I read something earlier in this thread and wanted to comment on one point. It said something like "treating all people as equals..." so on and so forth.

That makes a big assumption, if trying to be fair, that all people are equal. Now I don't want to get into race or religion or anything of that nature, but to think that ever person is equal, well, that's quite naive. There are going to be people that are smarter, stronger or generally better at something than others. To not take advantage of that for the betterment of the whole, well, isn't very effective.

Even in the utopian society, there were classes of people due to their skills...

Anyways, I guess my point is, because each of us are unique and have special talents, to benefit the whole, you have to create a society that is not based on equality and therefore put forth some sort of "guidelines" to prosper.

While I agree that property, food, water and the like should be allowed to all people, the idealogy that all people are equal, and must be treated that way, is flawed, in my opinion...
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777

Linux Newbie
    everyone's equal not as in everyone's the same person. you're judged on your skills obviouslly, but everyone's given the same oppurtunity.
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules or else.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    here is why anarchy doesnt work
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/beatasnitch.html
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Linux Engineer
    I can't help it but I think I saw this kind of topic (about anarchy) some months ago - by the same topic starter . We already had an extensive political debate on that, didn't we?
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by borromini
    I can't help it but I think I saw this kind of topic (about anarchy) some months ago - by the same topic starter . We already had an extensive political debate on that, didn't we?
    NO.
    I agree some of the things that were said on that topic were a 100% incorrect.
    This topic should also not be flamable since any political side can do it the anarchist way as current anarchism does it for Marxism.
    Also, utupia was never meant to be something impossible, stupid people just made it look like that.

Linux Newbie
    actually it was a topic about what was everyone's political views and i didn't start this thread.

Linux Engineer
    K! My bad . But I did remember you were the one person fiercely defending anarchism as a social form .
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosponti
    you want to play hardball buddy?....
    http://www.infoshop.org/faq/index.html

Linux Newbie
    K! My bad . But I did remember you were the one person fiercely defending anarchism as a social form .

thaaat's me!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast