Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
OK thanks for the advice guys. I think my teach has copies around from a year or two ago which is a bit dated but he's says that you can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

OK thanks for the advice guys. I think my teach has copies around from a year or two ago which is a bit dated but he's says that you can practice on them so that's cool as no part of the test should really be told/shared before you take it even if it is dated nowadays.

Why do I need it? I don't really, just another thing that makes me feel like a big man so I can boast to my buddies, kinda like using a 64 bit OS
    Registered Linux user #393103

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    Why do I need it? I don't really, just another thing that makes me feel like a big man so I can boast to my buddies, kinda like using a 64 bit OS
    I think 200-some-odd dollars is a little expensive for an e-penis.

imo, of course.

If its part of a class or something, I would go for it. I know a few people that have taken the tests and got certified, but it really doesn't do much other than add another acronym behind your name:)

Plus, if you already have the skills and knowledge, to say, take the test without studying (or studying much for it), I would say it is a waste of your time. You don't need a cert to tell you what you do and don't know, and while you may think some companies will like the cert, I doubt that will be the deciding factor in getting a particular job or not...
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Banned
    I've been thinking of Getting A+ Certified also. I've taken practice tests and they were ok. I was wondering, are the practice tests easier than the real tests? If practice tests are about the same difficulty as their practice ones, I think I won't have to even study. I want a challenge. Thats why I use Linux.

The practice tests are not that hard.
    The real tests are a bit harder.
    When I was in the exam room, there was one other guy in there and he was sweating the exam. I could hear him sigh.

In the class that I took, there was this girl who only concentrated on the practice exams, after 2 weeks of doing that, she had the practice exams down. Getting 100 % on all of them.
    3 Times she failed the real exam, and now she has to wait a year before she can take it again.
    Don't treat the real exam lightly.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

You have an option to take the test at the end of the year I believe.. the school district pays for the tests or something. I might as well.. if it was $150 dollars then I wouldn't.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Linux User
    Go for it if ye getting the exam paid for you. See if ye can get them to fund a CCNA for ye.
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

Quote Originally Posted by George Harrison
    You have an option to take the test at the end of the year I believe.. the school district pays for the tests or something. I might as well.. if it was $150 dollars then I wouldn't.
    In that case you should definitely take advantage of the situation.
    $150 isn't chump change.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    Agreed...if it's free...go for it man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2