Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
well, today i tried to install winME on my puter.. i was using an OEM disk that came with another computer, thinking it wouldn't give me an error.. i was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

argh.. windows sucks..

well, today i tried to install winME on my puter.. i was using an OEM disk that came with another computer, thinking it wouldn't give me an error.. i was wrong.. but, before it gave me the "this is the wrong computer" error, it fdisked and formatted my first HD.. and that just happened to be where all of my boot info and /usr files were.. so now i have to do a reinstall of gentoo.. stage1.. without the windows dual-boot i wanted! this just reaffirms my belief that M$ is evil.
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Dont use WinME it suxs try win2k or XP

Don't try to use Win* and you'll be fine.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    argh.. windows sucks..
    You're preaching to the converted and saying what were thinking.
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

Linux Engineer
    true, MRH.. isn't odd how we always complain about and try to prove the evilness of M$ to each other, even though we already *know* of the vile things M$ has done/is doing?
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

But we don't always argue and try to prove anything about M$ to each other...only comment on it when it is brought up.

Linux Engineer
    point taken.. that and it's always nice to know what your enemy has planned.. makes you better able to prepare for the attack.. that and it's just plain fun to point and laugh at Billy and his gang...

Just Joined!
    Well guys, I don't think Windows in whole is evil. Mellinium, maybe. I think any OS is a decent OS; just try to run a computer without one!

That said, I strongly disagree with ANY OS 'taking over' my PC I have some windows apps, some DOS apps, and some linux apps. Right now I need all of them, at one time or another. Linux is forcing me to LEARN more about computers, and that's "a good thing"

Quote Originally Posted by XavierSAO
    Well guys, I don't think Windows in whole is evil. Mellinium, maybe. I think any OS is a decent OS; just try to run a computer without one!

That said, I strongly disagree with ANY OS 'taking over' my PC I have some windows apps, some DOS apps, and some linux apps. Right now I need all of them, at one time or another. Linux is forcing me to LEARN more about computers, and that's "a good thing"
    Agreed well said. I hate people bashing Windows its not that bad an OS if used properly. Linux is still loads more fun though

It's not that I think Windows is a bad OS (though I feel that it IS inferior to *nix), but the principles that are in the framework of M$. They are capitalistic...they seem to just care about making money (if they didn't, then where's the source?) no matter what the cost to the end user. And the quality of the software isn't great...it's bloated and not very secure.

Additionally, they are moving more and more toward an OS that basically controls your computer and gives you limited use capabilities. That, IMHO, is not computing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast