Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by budman7 Well ,the lower one can be used for a small cup, while the top one holds my bottle of Mountain Dew. Euuugh, Mountain Dew. Give me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    Well ,the lower one can be used for a small cup, while the top one holds my bottle of Mountain Dew.
    Euuugh, Mountain Dew. Give me a Crab Juice.

I don't really like this 'Base Unit' terminology. It implies that there's more than one unit in the PC. The monitor is just a peripheral, anyone who runs servers will know that. Plus most PCs are towers these days, so calling it a base unit doesn't seem right. A friend of mine runs a homebuilt tower with the usual setup, and his old PC sits behind his desk with nothing but some crossover cable to the main PC. It's only ever managed through remote desktop (XP you see).

Quote Originally Posted by sdousley
    I have dual cup holders on my cpu.
    Isn't one of them rather hard to use if the other's in use?
    Well ,the lower one can be used for a small cup, while the top one holds my bottle of Mountain Dew.
    I caught someone trying to put a CD into my cup holder the other day. Gave em' a right telling off I did!!!
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    ERM... sorry. Obscure movie reference.
    Airplane!
    Registered Linux User #379728

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by zba78
    Quote Originally Posted by sdousley
    I have dual cup holders on my cpu.
    Isn't one of them rather hard to use if the other's in use?
    I caught someone trying to put a CD into my cup holder the other day. Gave em' a right telling off I did!!!
    one of my cup holders i HAVE to put a CD in, so i just use t'other one!
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Linux Newbie
    Yesterday my colleague brought a photo copy of floppy and told me the story, that happened to her mother in the office. Her mother gave a floppy disk to one of her co-workers and asked her to print out it's contents. In a few minutes that lady came back with floppy and a paper, were she photocopied both sides of floppy on xerox machine. See the scans of the paper she brought:
    http://rustam.computer.az/front.jpg
    http://rustam.computer.az/back.jpg

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    Euuugh, Mountain Dew. Give me a Crab Juice.

I don't really like this 'Base Unit' terminology. It implies that there's more than one unit in the PC. The monitor is just a peripheral, anyone who runs servers will know that. Plus most PCs are towers these days, so calling it a base unit doesn't seem right. A friend of mine runs a homebuilt tower with the usual setup, and his old PC sits behind his desk with nothing but some crossover cable to the main PC. It's only ever managed through remote desktop (XP you see).
    Not nessecarily, remember the old iMacs (I'm not sure if they make em' like this anymore) where the rest of the computer was actually built in to the back of the monitor? You had to reach to the back to put a floppy disk in or something. I'd think the monitors magnetic field would get to the parts though. So this is probably where some people at least get confused as to what the difference between the monitor and the actual "computer" is

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4