13 30.23%
  • No beard

6 13.95%
  • Ponytail or long hair

11 25.58%
  • Shaved or short hair

13 30.23%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Clean shaven face, but I do have a mustache. As for the hair on my head, I have the Jean-luc Picard look. So, rather than deal with getting that little ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Clean shaven face, but I do have a mustache.
    As for the hair on my head, I have the Jean-luc Picard look.
    So, rather than deal with getting that little bit of hair cut, I just shave it all off every couple of weeks,.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

I, too, used to have really long hair. Mostly in a ponytail, unless I was at a gig (used to be in a band, too).

Nowadays, my hair is short, anywhere around a 2 and 4 guard. I hate getting haircuts, so every couple months, after I have had enough complaining, I get it cut again.

Like most, I hate to shave also...but, I kinda have to for work. I pretty much stay clean shaven, minus a little "soul patch"...but, I have been seen going into work a couple days unshaven...and I get off the razor on the weekends:)
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777

<<<< - That's me, nice and short.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    I think you're trying to go for the liberal-hippie-anti-Microsoft guy. I think most Linux users are the nerdy-type with the glasses and pocket protector.
    Though that stereotype is getting very outdated. I read somewhere that geeks are getting popular these days.
    Me? I can't stand beards. Or long hair for that matter. I have almost a cru-cut, though I don't like pure cru cuts either. Oh god, I can't stand moustaches.

Just Joined!
    Hmm, no pics right now, I gotta jack a camera first. Anyway, long curly hair, about (9+ inches), beard as of right now, but I gotta get rid of it and leave just the goated because my girlfriend says it does not look like me with a full beard. haha, first day at my new school last year, everyone thought I was a new teacher. I had a couple of guys ask me "Yo man what class you teach?" Pretty cool I thought, but that was before I had the full beard going on too. I like long hair, and just hate shaving, so that's the reason for the beard, but the goatee is standard because it seems to be genetic for me to have a baby face... (Which I hate, and the goatee hides it quite well. I dunno, I've had it a while, and might get rid of it to see what my g/f and friends think.)

I've got pretty short hair: I foresee baldness in the future.

Anyway, I try to stay clean-shaven, but at 17, I need to shave about every other day (my "beard" grows very quickly).

An acceptable picture of me (though pre-shaving, also not the best):

http://soori.netfirms.com/pictures/me/me.png

Linux User
    Shaved head and a goatee. Tried shaving the beard completely off once but my wife thought I looked better with my face at least partially covered.
    registered linux user: 387197

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    I think most Linux users are the nerdy-type with the glasses and pocket protector.
    who the feck uses pocket protectors now? Can i also add that most nedy types most likely look like everyone else now, as its more of an attitude/personality trite rather than a look. I will finish the on the note that i resent being called a nerd...now being called a geek thats OK
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

Quote Originally Posted by winter
    Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    I think most Linux users are the nerdy-type with the glasses and pocket protector.
    who the feck uses pocket protectors now? Can i also add that most nedy types most likely look like everyone else now, as its more of an attitude/personality trite rather than a look. I will finish the on the note that i resent being called a nerd...now being called a geek thats OK
    how about PSP protectors? or *cringe* IPOD protectors?

<-------- me (without the hat). I grew a beard over this summer, and it was universally decried as awful.
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

the real question is who is the "best example" of the hairy stereotype?
    Stallman or maddog?
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast