Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by chopin1810 How do you get 1tb of ram... This is not even possible. 64 bit cpus don't even go that high... Maybe they use RAM pages, like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    How do you get 1tb of ram... This is not even possible. 64 bit cpus don't even go that high...
    Maybe they use RAM pages, like my old 128K Sinclair Spectrum did in 1985...

Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Re: obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    but does it run Linux?
    Probably some custom linux build. You don't think anyone would waste a wonderful machine such as that on windows, do you?
    *gasp* the horror!
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Quote Originally Posted by psci
    Probably some custom linux build. You don't think anyone would waste a wonderful machine such as that on windows, do you?
    *gasp* the horror!
    Actually it would make more sense running Windows XP or Vista on it has they are heavy resource hogs... Even SuSE wouldn't even come within lightyears of putting a strain on that machine, nor any other Linux distro

EDIT: I do see what you mean by custom built Linux, in theory you can load every single package ever in portage or apt or something.. still, it doesn't even come close - trust me. Running XP with 50 different kinds of malware wouldn't slow it down either..
    Registered Linux user #393103

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    well if you look at http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/fake/...mputing-123965
    you can see that gizmodo has a nice article on it... i dunno what to think now so i choose not to.

Linux User
    According to the site the unvailed it at a trade show in 2006
    All i want for christmas is a new liver....a second chance to get afflicted with Cirrhosis

A lot of this looks very suspicious. The Ram is in standard So-dimm configuration with some stickers on it, the harddisks look like CF Microdrives. There was mention on the register that the cooling system for the CPU was being touted as Fibre channels.

And I mean, How do you have on the same system the option to take one Quantum processor, or four P4 mobiles? Sounds like rubbish. Not too mention the fact that the 4 P4 mobiles coincidentally add up to the clockspeed of the Quantum CPU.

However I am just being cynical to stop myself from losing too much sleep. I would love a machine with this configuration. Mmmmmmm.

The comments at OSNews were not very kind to this person.
    At least the first page.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!

Sorry, but it's a fake guys

When this turd news story hit the fan there was a video of the super machine on the dudes website. Somebody pointed out that the screen wasn't actually showing windowsXP but was cycling through still photoshop images. Now the video has been removed from the site, and replaced with a heavily edited one. A few people have even claimed to know the guy, and are saying he's got a history of pulling junk like this for the attention. Anyway if you actually follow his math, the laptop would be about 250 deg. Hope you have a pair of aspestos boxers.

It'll probably still strugle to run Vista
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Just Joined!

Re: obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by psic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    but does it run Linux?
    *gasp* the horror!
    I would, games (and btw, thats not the reason why I run windows on the desktop, I have several reasons)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast