Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by Roxoff Originally Posted by chopin1810 How do you get 1tb of ram... This is not even possible. 64 bit cpus don't even go that high... Maybe they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff
    Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    How do you get 1tb of ram... This is not even possible. 64 bit cpus don't even go that high...
    Maybe they use RAM pages, like my old 128K Sinclair Spectrum did in 1985...

Which won't be near as fast as real RAM

Linux Enthusiast

Re: obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by !=
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    but does it run Linux?
    Probably some custom linux build. You don't think anyone would waste a wonderful machine such as that on windows, do you?
    *gasp* the horror!
    I would, games (and btw, thats not the reason why I run windows on the desktop, I have several reasons)
    techiemoe says vista gulps down 7 gigabytes on the hdd, with something like one gigabyte of ram... but this is the beta at least, maybe there's hope for the real version. oh, then like 60 processes the os hides. I thought XP was fat.
    so maybe we'll all need this home-super machine to run vista anyway...

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin20
    you would be willing to sell your parents?
    No ethical problems for me . But this is a big hoax. I read on this on www.tweakers.net (dutch quality ICT site), and they thoroughly took a look at the pictures and declared it an obvious hoax. Now I know of ALUs running at 7.6 Ghz but don't know any cpu with as much cache as that. The rest is plain bogus also.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    A lot of this looks very suspicious. The Ram is in standard So-dimm configuration with some stickers on it, the harddisks look like CF Microdrives. There was mention on the register that the cooling system for the CPU was being touted as Fibre channels.

And I mean, How do you have on the same system the option to take one Quantum processor, or four P4 mobiles? Sounds like rubbish. Not too mention the fact that the 4 P4 mobiles coincidentally add up to the clockspeed of the Quantum CPU.

However I am just being cynical to stop myself from losing too much sleep. I would love a machine with this configuration. Mmmmmmm.
    I wonder how much heat the thing generates.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSNightmarE
    Forget selling my parents and my car...can I use my house as compansation for one of those? Can you imagine what you can do with that? *drools*
    Ummm, the same thing my machine can. Just an imperceptable fraction of a second faster. I don't see why some people purchae these monsters...

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by afroguy013
    Ummm, the same thing my machine can. Just an imperceptable fraction of a second faster. I don't see why some people purchae these monsters...
    I would RULE the distributed.net leaderboard :P
    \"I am, after all,\" said Pooh, \"a bear of very little brain.\"
    MY PC: Athlon XP64 3000+ on a Asus K8V-X mobo w/1GB of non-descript RAM. AGP - GeForce 2 MX400. PCI - Creative Live! 5.1 soundcard. 140 GB and 120 GB SATA WD drives.

Just Joined!

Re: obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by !=
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    but does it run Linux?
    Probably some custom linux build. You don't think anyone would waste a wonderful machine such as that on windows, do you?
    *gasp* the horror!
    I would, games (and btw, thats not the reason why I run windows on the desktop, I have several reasons)
    techiemoe says vista gulps down 7 gigabytes on the hdd, with something like one gigabyte of ram... but this is the beta at least, maybe there's hope for the real version. oh, then like 60 processes the os hides. I thought XP was fat.
    so maybe we'll all need this home-super machine to run vista anyway...
    Who says I would run Vista?

Linux Enthusiast
    As I've said before, you almost have to run Windows these days to keep up with the world.

As I've said before, you almost have to run Windows these days to keep up with the world.
    And I say again, I disagree.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3