Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Buy it?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll buy it...

5 21.74%
  • I'll wait for a download...

9 39.13%
  • Neither, I have a favorite distro already.

9 39.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
i have completly turned away from rpm-based distros, i dont know the last time i used one, it must have been a couple of months ago, and i love debian ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

i have completly turned away from rpm-based distros, i dont know the last time i used one, it must have been a couple of months ago, and i love debian as my main os, it really does the job good. If i want something different i boot into slack. .debs, and .tgz do the job beter and apt-get is awsome (even though there is a rpm version of it out) I really dont like the yats either.

Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    i have completly turned away from rpm-based distros....debs, and .tgz do the job beter and apt-get is awsome (even though there is a rpm version of it out)
    That's debatable. I use apt-get and yum with RPMS and it works just as well as DEBS. To each their own.

I really dont like the yats either.
    Sounds like a sickness. "Yeah, I couldn't make it to work... got a bad case of the yats..."
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Sounds like a sickness. "Yeah, I couldn't make it to work... got a bad case of the yats..."
    im sorry moe, i didnt sleep much last night, YaST.

I can't afford to buy distros yet. So I have to wait for downloads.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

I'll buy it
    \"TTFN Taa Taa For Now\" by Tigger in Winnie the Pooh
    http://www.distrowatch.com Linux Distros
    We Live in a Windows World but there is Linux to save the day

oz
    forum.guy
    I voted neither but might try it using a free download. I used to pay for the boxed sets but it never worked correctly for me. After spending $60 to $80 four different times, and then having so much trouble with it, I stopped buying the boxed sets and started going for the free downloads. It's weird, but the free downloads seem to work pretty well. It's just when I pay for it that the troubles begin.

I will buy it, at least after I've seen it. Because of the transition I'd like to see it working before I subscribe. I'm very happy with 9.3, as much as I have ever been with any distro if not more. But as much as I like the name OpenSuSE I want to see it working first...

Just Joined!
    I may...with big emphases on may get it as a download. As much as I know that there isn't complete love for Ubuntu on here, I'm pretty happy with it. If I make any change it would most likely be to pure Debian. As for what it was that turned me off of Suse, I don't know. It may have been that pesky Yast. It was probably something else that I can't recall from like 2 years ago.

I voted neither - if I was going for another distro apart from Mandriva I'd use either Debian or Slackware, and customise them for my own needs.

I have a bad case of the yats today by the way! Probably all the beer I drank last night (I got a free glass!)
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

i'll probably wait for the download (because i'm cheap) but i'm looking for a new distro for my desktop and the only reason i switched from Suse 9.3 on my laptop was a speed issue. so i'm torn especially since i work less than 10 mins from Novell. (and across the freeway from Symmantec for that matter) you'd think i'd actually know something about software by now. oh well.
    Desktop: Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz 1.5 GB RAM Ubuntu/XP Pro
    Laptop: Macbook 2 GHz C2Duo 3 GB RAM OS X/ Ubuntu/ XP Pro
    Linux Registration #396559

Go 'Stros!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast