Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to LINUX and have settled on the suse9.3 distro for the time being. I say for the time being because one of the main reasons ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hi there

Hi everyone,
    I'm pretty new to LINUX and have settled on the suse9.3 distro for the time being. I say for the time being because one of the main reasons I have changed to LINUX is to learn. Since installing suse I have discovered Slackware, which apparently is the best distro to be running if you want to learn LINUX as a whole rather than in a distro specific fashion. I have downloaded the slackware ISOs and burned them to disk, however, after my first attempt at installation I got an ERROR 15 message on trying to boot. I don't even know what that means so I gues I need to do a little more learning prior to my next attempt to install slackware. Still, as I said, learning is what I'm here to do, so I'm certainly looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks guys,

seeya soon,

Regards Hengist

welcome to the forum

Linux Engineer
    Welcome to the forum, and remember that you can learn on any distro...both of those are good choices, hope you enjoy the forums...and keep testing distros till you find one that meets your needs.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

greetings and salutations Hengist
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good