Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
I doubt it beeing a joke or a parody. If people are willing to blow them selves up and take thousands of people with them into their deaths, why can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I doubt it beeing a joke or a parody. If people are willing to blow them selves up and take thousands of people with them into their deaths, why can't this be true too? On the other hand, saying that the matrix is pro-homosexuality because he gets needles up his ass ( which he don't btw ) and rubbing a matrix poster between two bibles makes the poster look like a satanic picture.. Or that other poster having subliminal anti-christian messages like "jesus is not the answer", it sounds too far off from the reality..

Hard to say, when people are scientologists, everything should be possible :P

mrh, that makes great sense...and after thinking about it, I'd have to agree.

/rant

As to those Powerful and Worthwhile people...they are idiots. Just because religion is based on Faith doesn't mean that you have to abandon all rational and logical thought to be the closest you can be to God. THE MATRIX (AND ALL IT'S DERIVITIVES) IS F-A-N-T-A-S-Y, NOT REALITY! It's not am idea conceived for any specific purpose, just an epiphany and collaboration of two (IMHO) great imaginations for no purpose other than to E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N.

I can't stand stupid people....

/rant0ver
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!

Critics are too harsh on this one

I was actually pretty pleased with this movie. I've seen 1-3 and this one seemed to tackle everything needed in order to close it out. It's funny how the critics are killing this. You truely have to appreciate the plot line here. It's more than Machines vs. Humans. More than reality vs. (non)reality.

One thing that I've noticed from most of my friends who are not 'geek savvy', is that a lot of what's going on here is beyond the scope of their comprehension at times. They don't quite understand how a program here is effecting a program there, or how the Oracle get's a new --what, Shell? This is why The Matrix will probably be forever loved by gearheads and not ever fully understood by those who have difficulties understanding how to bold their text in a work processor.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    It became obvious to Neo throughout the conflict scene at the end that he Smith would not resolve the issue in the construct of the matrix alone and that it needed to be elevated to a different plane in order to reach conclusion. Neo, by allowing Smith to overtake him, was accepting his own demise as the sacrifice for the greater good (He could have stopped Smith had he wanted...remember Reloaded). The parallels I see in both entertainment and religion...Jesus having to die for the sins of the world after realizing that he could not accomplish what he wanted on the temporal plane and Obi-Wan Kenobi giving in against Darth Vader at the end of ANH - "If you strike me down, Darth.....".

At first I hated the ending, but after reflection that was because I didn't understand what was happening. These things are always subjective anyway, but this is how I have settled on it. Great movie, great trilogy.

An question I still have lingering though....the true significance of the defeated Smith's corpse morphing into the Oracle. Was she still fighting on some level or was her power completely subjegated?

Todd

I believe that the Oracle basically existed in what were her "eyes," so when Smith "copied" himself over here, preserving her eyes for his use, some of her code lingered and made that concious effort to get the message out to Neo at the end.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

this was a great movie. i jst saw it last nite. and i loved it.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Just Joined!

Yes I can!

I have to say that yes, I did enjoy the movie, it was fun to watch (entertaining), but otherwise was horrible! I have to admit that the first two movies were no better so I was prepared and most movies in this genre "feature" similar mundane dialogue. The kicker...

"Trinity... you can't die..."

Looking up into Neo's dark eyes, "Yes I can...."

Then the kiss of death.

You're kidding right?

Just Joined!
    "Bring me the eyes of the Oracle." and then Neo loses his eyes. Hm. I almost aplauded when Neo took off his sunglasses and he had eyes once more. There was a time when Keanu would have just been having a Ted moment if he'd worn sunglasses in the rain, but not now. My geeky son stated the street in the final battle scene appeared early in Matrix 1 when Trinity and the blonde told Neo "you don't want to go there." Pretty kewl that an adolescent thinks he notices the connection.

I can't remeber that streetscene in M1, but there was several scenes in M3 that also happened in M1, like in the final fight when Neo fights with Smith, inside that building, he gets in that Kung-fu orwhatever position, and waves Smith over to him, just like Morpheus did at the dojoscene in M1. Also, at Reloaded, the blonde that eats that special cake is the "woman in red" in M1.

Just Joined!
    One dissapointing thing from the movie was that, after the first movie alot of people continued to spoof the matrix, using bullet time to their own advantage, making it less spectacular (spelling?), but still managing to be able to keep intrest with the audience.
    That aside, I do realize that Neo is "The One" and that by the end of the 3rd movie Smith had basically the same powers as Neo did, but all I could think of as I watched the final fight between Neo and Smith was: "This is one of the best Dragon Ball Z fights I have ever seen."

I agree with sarumont too, I think part of the orcale existed still within Smith. Espically by the way he was talking at the end, even though he was saying the words, he almost didn't believe what he was saying.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast