Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Well, kriss made a comment about it being hard to post about the movie w/o spoiling it...if you're reading this and haven't seen the movie, stop and hit your back ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Revolutions: Reloaded (POST SPOILERS/PLOT DISCUSSIONS HERE!)

Well, kriss made a comment about it being hard to post about the movie w/o spoiling it...if you're reading this and haven't seen the movie, stop and hit your back button for spoilers will lie ahead...

I don't really have a lot to start this discussion off...I've only seen it once so far ...but the thing that stands out in my mind is: The ending caught me off guard. I totally didn't expect peace with the machines to be the resolution of the war...but it was an awesome ending, nonetheless.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Yes, but it was also soo cool how he could feel bane/Agent Smith after he got that electricity cable in his eyes. I think its sad that Trinity died, but I really can't see another way either. And how he navigated through all those bombs..

Linux Engineer
    I thought that Neo's sacrifice was the perfect way to end the movie.. Did anyone else notice the cruciform light effects at the end during most of the scenes dealing directly with neo's sacrifice.. I think most people will fail to understand the parallels betwenn the matrix and the story of Christ... but, again, the movie could *not* have been ended any other way..
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You guys will get a kick out of this.
    Me and my friends have a light background in philosophy.
    We argue points of the movie. One thing someone mentioned was why exactly Smith(s) died. Another friend responds that when Smith took over Neo the machine which was connected to Neo uploaded a virus -> [exit] Smith.
    There was a short moment of silence, then he adds:
    Yeah, I'm a windows user. I know all about virus's

(virii?)

Well, my theory was that when Smith was destroyed, he lost the connection to the source, so he could not have been deleted, but when Neo visited The architecht, a link between his brain and the source was created. But it was never closed, and when Neo got taken over by Smith, there was a perfect connection from Smith to the source so Smith could be deleted... Now flame me

I'm still working on what I think happened with Neo and Smith...saw it for the second time last night...and still thinking.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    heres what i think in the mtrix everythin is an equation ie the programming of it was made in equations so is everthing in it including people so when neo jumped inside of smith in the first movie the wrote over the equation trying to delete him but it only game him the ability to copy himsel to other programes (equations) in the matrix but when he jumped in neo at the end he cancelled out the two equations (neo and himself) and because the smith equation died in the proper smith he died in all the copys in himself.
    now if you get that you can solve anything.

i though the ending was brillant cause that trinity died neo had nothing to live for so he just had to die.
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

http://www.zionmainframe.net/main/re...transcript.txt

There is the whole transcript, going to be fun to read it

Oh, and take a look a this:
    http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1...volutions.html

Oh my god, is that thing for real? Haha, I've never laughed so hard before!

Wow Kriss, some of that stuff is really messed up. I reread this one several times because I just couldn't believe it was true:
    At their very heart, the goal of these sneaky films is to induce Americans into thinking that even non-Baptist faiths are entitled to respect - and that the Lord Jesus is just one of many different ways to Glory," he continued. "Well, I have news for those Catholic, Muslim and tree-humping Wiccan knuckleheads, my friends.
    or
    [...] a viewing of the second Matrix film led the Landover Baptist Board of Deacons to issue a statement whereby anything related to The Matrix movie trilogy should immediately be destroyed. Church members have been given authority to enter public businesses and seize and burn any and all items related to the films.
    I find this is nearly unbelievable. Of course their banner reads:
    Landover Baptist Church: The Largest [and] Most Powerfull Assembly of Worthwhile People To Ever Exist. Unsaved Are NOT Welcome.
    Are these people for real? or is it some kind of exaggerated parody?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast