Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by GNOME_n00b EDIT: no sooner had i posted this that i realised that TechieMoe has already devised a system (which wasn't there when i started writing the above). ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by GNOME_n00b
    EDIT: no sooner had i posted this that i realised that TechieMoe has already devised a system (which wasn't there when i started writing the above). oh well. its food for thought, anyway.
    It's not set in stone by any means. I'm wide open for suggestions. Interestingly enough, if I follow some sort of set criteria for my ratings, the rating tag might actually be the most "fair" part of my whole site. Haha. Damn it all.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    I reckon the best Idea would be a star rating ( keeping it plain and simple). so it is to the point

Quote Originally Posted by onlinebacon
    I reckon the best Idea would be a star rating ( keeping it plain and simple). so it is to the point
    Yeah, the penguin/coaster thing would be more complicated. How about just penguins? If it doesn't earn one, it doesn't get one. I'd still be up for someone whipping up some tiny penguin graphics. I'd need whole and half penguins. Anyone up to it? If not, I may do some Gimping tonight and see what I can come up with. That tux graphic is public domain, isn't it? This one:

http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You can just use the penguin images used already on LF. And I think having a negative deal is a good thing as well, just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald
    You can just use the penguin images used already on LF. And I think having a negative deal is a good thing as well, just my two cents.
    Ah, that's a good idea. Filled-in tuxes and grayed-out tuxes. I'll pull it off here then (provided these aren't copyrighted... any thoughts, Jason?). If I were to also go with the coasters, anyone have a tiny CDROM icon link somewhere?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    If I were to also go with the coasters, anyone have a tiny CDROM icon link somewhere?
    Read your pm's (didn't post the link here since I didn't want my server to be lfdo'd )
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    If I were to also go with the coasters, anyone have a tiny CDROM icon link somewhere?
    Try looking at linuxiso.org, and click on one of the distros.

They have cd images there.

They have a message at the bottom "All images, trademarks and copyrights herein are property of their respective owners. All else Copyright 2000-2002 Linuxiso.org." I don't know if that means that the cd image is copyrighted, or if it's free for public use.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald
    Ah, that's a good idea. Filled-in tuxes and grayed-out tuxes. I'll pull it off here then (provided these aren't copyrighted... any thoughts, Jason?). If I were to also go with the coasters, anyone have a tiny CDROM icon link somewhere?
    How about this one?
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Sounds like a neat idea, if I need a quick reference I'm usually stuck with reading the entire review (which doesn't bother me, as it's amusing) but the key word is quick. It'd be nifty if you could go and see up at the top that's it is a good or bad rating and run over to a mirror to download, for those in a hurry.
    Registered Linux user #393103

I'm trying out a penguin system, based on the 4 criteria I stated earlier in this thread: installs, detects my hardware, is useful offline, and I can actually be productive with it.

I'm still not sure whether I want to add on the coasters or if the penguins are good enough.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast