Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Using ATI's own drivers, not those new but a couple of months old. Not sure about what fps I should get with my AMD64 3200+ with Radeon 9600, but fgl_glxgears ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Using ATI's own drivers, not those new but a couple of months old. Not sure about what fps I should get with my AMD64 3200+ with Radeon 9600, but fgl_glxgears gives around 560fps and glxgears around 3000fps. These say me nothing but I guess that for example Doom3 should run a bit faster on my system (right now it's slow as hell). Maybe the 2.4 kernel has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jugio
    Using ATI's own drivers, not those new but a couple of months old. Not sure about what fps I should get with my AMD64 3200+ with Radeon 9600, but fgl_glxgears gives around 560fps and glxgears around 3000fps. These say me nothing but I guess that for example Doom3 should run a bit faster on my system (right now it's slow as hell). Maybe the 2.4 kernel has something to do with it.
    Yea, suggest you upgrade to kernel 2.6 for one, but FPS vary depending on the resolution that the display is being rendered in so that is anothe contributing factor, I.E. UT on my Windows PC runs about 30FPS at 800x600 resolution on a average sized leve, around 60FPS at 640x480 on the same level, texture quality and size also affects the framerate.
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2