Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I just wanted to say, I've just installed OpenOffice 2.0, and I'm really impressed, I really think we have some serious competition for Microsoft Office. Everything just looks so... professional, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

OpenOffice 2.0

I just wanted to say, I've just installed OpenOffice 2.0, and I'm really impressed, I really think we have some serious competition for Microsoft Office. Everything just looks so... professional, especially base.

Linux Engineer
    You forgot the most important thing: the speed has improved greatly.

Although it's all screwed up with the GTK-Qt engine, or mabye the GTK-Qt engine is the problem.

Linux Enthusiast
    i'm also very impressed with it....with what both the above posts say. it's much quicker and looks very nice

i use it on windows as well and the speed has greatly improved there too.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

anybody know why they have packaged the installation in an RPM based form. Unlike the gui installer that came with 1.14. I'm not a big rpm fan. Guess I'll wait for an ebuild in gentoo or would love to hear that i'm missing something and that there is a different installation method--besides the source method which looks way to tedious and mainly aimed at devolopers.

nonetheless i'm excited for new version
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by spencerf
    anybody know why they have packaged the installation in an RPM based form. Unlike the gui installer that came with 1.14. I'm not a big rpm fan. Guess I'll wait for an ebuild in gentoo or would love to hear that i'm missing something and that there is a different installation method--besides the source method which looks way to tedious and mainly aimed at devolopers.

nonetheless i'm excited for new version
    You can get it through portage. I installed the binary version, it's quite a bit faster to install (takes about half an hour, compared to something like 5 or 6 hours it would take otherwise...).
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

yeah but portage doesn't yet have 2.0. I already have previous 1.14 version. Guess I'll just have to wait.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!
    Portage does have 2.0 ... but it is masked for testing.

i love it but i hate it. its nice and smooth, but it takes forever to load for no reason at all and it uses java.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Quote Originally Posted by spencerf
    yeah but portage doesn't yet have 2.0. I already have previous 1.14 version. Guess I'll just have to wait.
    You could install it the same as in Slackware. Just convert the RPM's to .tgz's and install. That's what I did, and everything works perfectly.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast