Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
whooooo My dad gave me his nforce 4 board and the nvidia geforce 6600 for getting good grades. I'm so happy, I formatted Windows (for use of gaming) and now ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I finally got my nvidia card!

whooooo

My dad gave me his nforce 4 board and the nvidia geforce 6600 for getting good grades. I'm so happy, I formatted Windows (for use of gaming) and now I'm tweaking World of Warcraft to run . I was a bit worried as I have heard that nforce is a bit unstable with Linux but I cleanly installed Ubuntu and it got everything right with my network and all around hardware. I am a "happy camper" today. It's hard to imagine that I used that old icky ATI Radeon 9800 XT.. ATI has lost a [long time] customer because they are too lazy to get it right with 3D accel. support in GNU/Linux

Couldn't be happier with this card now.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Linux User
    congrats, and yes, ubuntu is the only distro that would function properly on my nForce4 board

Linux User
    i luv my nvidia card 6 series are really nice

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    indeed, loving my 6600GT

Congrats.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    Congrats on the new borad and the grades, Georgey Porgey

nvida is just about my favorite image in the world. the only thing that realy beats it is opengl. now that they have stopped basterdizing themselves with microsoft and switched to sony (mostly because nvidia outsmarted microsoft) there is no end to the glory.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Enthusiast
    Congrats, NVIDIA cards are awesome with Linux, I haven't had a problem yet, but I can't say the same for ATI. Plus the NVIDIA drivers are really nice, the linux community is blessed that they not only provide free drivers but also include 3d capabilities, an automatic installer, and versions for almost every version of UNIX. I've heard the ATI drivers suck horribly.

Linux Engineer
    Congrats on the new card and the good grades, nvidia rocks...atis are also really good if you can get the damn thing to work...no easy feat though...and god forbid you have a firegl
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

My day just keeps getting better

After months of fiddling around with printer support, I finally got my HP Deskjet 840C to work, I found out that it supported USB on one of the connections so I picked up one of the many USB cables lying around and put it in. SuSE automatically configured it (got tired of playing around in Ubuntu), no CUPS or anything. It's weird in that CUPS, SuSE, KDE Printing Utilities, etc. all were stubborn when I used my parallel port but no matter, I finally got that to work. I was also able to sneak around the multimedia cripples in SuSE, I'm installing Doom 3 right now and things couldn't get any better - I even have a TV card coming through newegg in the next few days too.
    Registered Linux user #393103

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast