Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
well whatever it asks it seems it will ask in a long time. c u guys tomorrow and thanks so much for wht uve done so far...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

well whatever it asks it seems it will ask in a long time. c u guys tomorrow and thanks so much for wht uve done so far

oz
    forum.guy

Re: Really let down by Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Riqz85
    If Linux ever wants to beat Windows it has to become a lot better....A LOT...it is nowhere near Windows. Even me saying this...I personally hate microsoft but hey...I thought linux would be a lot better but i soon realised it still canot beat windows whatever linux geeks say.
    No offense to geeks as i am one too.
    Very depressed about all this. Was expecting so much from linux...
    Just use whatever works for you... that's what the rest of us are doing!

Quote Originally Posted by jens
    but can you blame me for not liking a tool named "yum"(yuk)
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Riqz85,

Maybe you should reconsider your approach with this Linux thing. In general coming to this forum and saying:

"THIS F%^&$ING CRAP DOESN'T WORK!"

will not make anyone want to help you because people and gurus here owe you nothing. Do yourself a favor and reconsider your attitude and come up with concrete questions so that people can help you.

I haven't had a matter that hasn't been attended here and I have seen that some people have taken the time to look at my error logs, point towards a way of solving a problem messaging me privately and being friendly all the time!

So, if you really want to learn Linux do yourself a favor and reconsider your attitude.

Rgds,
    -D-

Registered User # 402675

Linux Guru
    Shoulda been locked long ago. What, is tMoe on holiday? jens had it right from the start*:

From Knoppix to FC4 in a week: yeah that's the full round for sure. Get a clue, Riqz85, Linux does NOT "want to beat Windows". Even so, Linux does "beat" Windows by many measures. Maybe not in market share, but that only matters to investors and bystanders, but not to users. Linux is not for everyone. Tell your friends.

*and again!
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

How often does your giveashitometer go to pi??
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Riqz85
    nice answer.
    I'm not just criticising because i want to break hell out. This is serious. I have been trying to use linux for a week now. Not achieving a single thing. And don't think i did not try, I bloofy killed myself trying.Just look around this forum...a quarter of the posts are mine.
    And don't think i hate Linux. I was hoping for it to change my whole perspective...Giving me a new beautiful Operating system but truthfully, I hardly find any good points to it... I really wish there were
    If you really want it, try SuSE. Fedora is more bleeding-edge and likely to cause problems (I had problems with it, trust me, it's not the stablest distro). Even Ubuntu could be worth a try for you. As for specific problems, that's what we here for. I don't second most of the negative reactions posted here, but I do agree with most this is not the type of post we expect - in fact, just open a thread, explain your problems, and ask for help. Switching will never be easy, in fact you need to start from scratch.
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    Use ubuntu with universe + multiverse enabled.

Lock this thread.

Linux Enthusiast
    I started out with Knoppix live cd. I now changed to Fedora core 4 release and I must say i really have been let down.
    Anything one tries to install does not work. All my .avi files do not work. My NTFS 200gb hard disk cannot be read, tried to downaload mplayer but of course occured in so many problems and it did not install. Yum sucks because it is full of mistakes. Gives me the same mistakes whenever i try to install something.
    Just using Linux is not easy at all.
    If Linux ever wants to beat Windows it has to become a lot better....A LOT...it is nowhere near Windows. Even me saying this...I personally hate microsoft but hey...I thought linux would be a lot better but i soon realised it still canot beat windows whatever linux geeks say.
    No offense to geeks as i am one too.
    Very depressed about all this. Was expecting so much from linux...
    So you gave up after only two distros, neither of which I or others would recommend? Fedora is very beta (it is by nature a testing distro: it's only purpose is to make RedHat Enterprise Linux better. So they put all the bugs in Fedora.) and Knoppix really only serves it's purpose as a very capable live CD. I've heard some bad stories about people who have tried to install Knoppix on their HDD. But you give up after two distros? When you have distros like SUSE and MEPIS to use? Like others have said, Linux really only works if you persevere. Because sometimes you do have to work to get it to work. But is that a bad thing?

This thread is starting to get out of hand. If the original poster has genuine questions about how to get something working or installed in Linux, he or she can start a new thread in the appropriate section.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7