Find the answer to your Linux question:
Are you prepared to...(you'd better take a deep breath)...lose your Internet connection? It could happen at any time, so even though it seems impossible to deal with, you must be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Be Prepared!

Are you prepared to...(you'd better take a deep breath)...lose your Internet connection? It could happen at any time, so even though it seems impossible to deal with, you must be prepared. Here's a helpful article:

http://www.thetoque.net/031118/internetdown.htm

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    I am old enough to remeber black and white tv, and only 3 channels. We always found ways to pass the time away. The good old days. Luckily, I am not too depedent on computers, although life will get alittle harder for most people without computers.
    I worked at a retail store once, and we lost power, so no cash register. Was working with a couple of high school students and they had a hard time adding on tax to the purchase price. Oh yea, we did have access to a calculator and I still had to explain it to them. Oh well.

Just Joined!
    I remember once when the internet went down I felt lost. I sent an emergency message to my network admins (since the intranet was still working). I sat around hopeless for the better part of 2 hours. Pathetic isn't it?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Been there done that...boy that was a boring 2 hrs.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    linux kept me busy for around 2 months without dsl so i cant see what two hours is gonna do to you. i just configed linux over and over and over and programmed