Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Is there a phone number I can call for the Newegg compy part shopping website? I'd like to buy some parts there, since they are cheaper, but I can't find ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Newegg phone number??

Is there a phone number I can call for the Newegg compy part shopping website? I'd like to buy some parts there, since they are cheaper, but I can't find a phone number, I refuse to give out my credit card number online... that's why I use tigerdirect, they have a phone number... I asked this in several other places, nobody wants to answer, so I thought I would actually start a thread here...

Found this on the 'Contact Us' page:
    Newegg.com does not accept phone, fax, email, or live chat orders.

Try this link to another forum.

Google search:

Newegg phone OR "phone number" OR telephone OR "telephone number"
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Why don't you just order via the web, or do you despise online ordering as much as uou hate microsft. I suppose you had better get used to it, because it will probably be the way of the future.

Theres no better way to cut costs and increase productivity, than to fire all those people who manned phones taking orders, and replace them with a more efficient computer, that doesn't even require customers to be on hold.

By the way, I have ordered from newegg and it has proven to be safe. Well, at least, my bank account hasn't been mysteriously emptied yet.

I'm also wondering, what did you decide to get in the end?

Linux Enthusiast
    Theres no better way to cut costs and increase productivity, than to fire all those people who manned phones taking orders, and replace them with a more efficient computer, that doesn't even require customers to be on hold.
    That's why I don't buy online...

I'm also wondering, what did you decide to get in the end?
    I'm still debating.

Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    I refuse to give out my credit card number online... that's why I use tigerdirect, they have a phone number...
    Personally, I consider it a lot less dangerous offering my credit card information over a secure internet connection than over the phone.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Enthusiast
    I have other reasons too... like the fact they companies tend to just layoff workers they don't need because it's cheaper, in 40 years I think everything involving customer service will be run by computers, which is just stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by chopin1810
    I have other reasons too... like the fact they companies tend to just layoff workers they don't need because it's cheaper, in 40 years I think everything involving customer service will be run by computers, which is just stupid...
    Why do you say that? Personally, I hate interacting with human customer service reps. They're usually undertrained in both customer service and the English language, offer me no help or the bare minimum to get me off the phone, and none of the ones I've talked to recently even reside in the same country as the company for which they supposedly work.

Press 1 now? Gladly, just don't send me to a human...
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Why do you say that? Personally, I hate interacting with human customer service reps. They're usually undertrained in both customer service and the English language, offer me no help or the bare minimum to get me off the phone, and none of the ones I've talked to recently even reside in the same country as the company for which they supposedly work.

Press 1 now? Gladly, just don't send me to a human...
    hes right on track, when you call those numbers you always get stuck talking to somebody from india, id rather talk to a computer than some1 that i cant understand...

I hate the idea of laying people off as well, but unfortuately no-one is going to listen to me and I think that 'customer service' call centres are really information sweatshops. Maybe killing them off and automating things would be better, I don't know.

The one I used to work at was fairly tame, but some of them have a 100% staff turnaround. Others try very hard to retain their staff, but as Moe said others have 'outsourced' their staff to India and other countries where things are 'cheaper' and 'more efficient' ... In other words they haven't got a clue.

I would never work anywhere near an information call centre ever again unless forced to do so by a gang of Basque Separatist monkeys on acid. We don't do customer care well in the UK. In fact it's more like customer fsck off and die.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast