Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
I think the dumbest thing I've ever done with a computer is probably when I was working on a motherboard that caught on fire and like a dumbass I go ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dumbest thing you've ever done with a computer

I think the dumbest thing I've ever done with a computer is probably when I was working on a motherboard that caught on fire and like a dumbass I go around looking for it when it just so happens to be right in front of me along with 3 feet of smoke.

So I've told you mine. Whats yours?

Well, there was that one time I used mine to look at some images of naked women...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    Well, there was that one time I used mine to look at some images of naked women...

Well how did that turn out?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted_Girl
    Well how did that turn out?
    Messy?

Erm, mine was prob in the summer. I was listening to music, and playing with my server. I couldnt hear the fans due to excess loud music. So I pulled out the hard drive power socket, then plugged another hard drive in. Needless to say the psu decided it didnt like that.

Otherwise I cant think of anything.
    Well maybe also when I blueTacked a heatsink to a processor----that I ripped of a gfx card.
    I then got a room fan and placed it in the computer.

Linux Engineer
    I mkswapped my /home partition... Luckily, it survived, even after being swapon'ned since nothing had been written to it yet - I just swapoff'ed it again, copied everything to another hd, reformatted /home and copied everything back... Since livecd's and such recognised it as swap and swapon'ned it again at every boot, so I was afraid of it swapping something once and destroying my data... Gotta be more careful before formatting anything now

Got angry with my old box and completely dismantled it - chucked it all in a box and then went to the pub.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

1. somehow screwed up a disk instalation of suse linux 10.
    2. opened a zip file onto my desktop.
    3. spent sums of money on software attempting to close the many holes in windows.
    4. opened bad Email.
    5. let accumulated cookies fry a computer.

The Smartest thing I ever did with my computer is to install Suse Linux 10 and never go onto the Internet using anything else.

well.

I opened up my case to install a hard drive one day. I then desided to clean 2 years worth of dust off my heat sink, not knowing my heat sink dossent come off. I tried anyway and took my CPU which is a chip type with it.. Like an idiot i try to put it back heat sink and all and bend some pin's i had to scrape the thermal paste off with a razor to get the chip off the heatsink and replace it after strighting out the pins with needlenose pliers

Oh, where so i START?

There was that one time when i bought an old mac from a second hand store and it was raining and i left it outside then turned it on. it was one of those types that has a monitor built into it, you know, and it kinda blew up heh.

And the one time i had an old computer and plugged the power supply backwards into the motherboard, mmm...sparks.

The time when i unplugged a harddrive and plugged in another one while the computer was on. kinda like what AndrewB did.

Installing windows was the worst thing though

Quote Originally Posted by Game master pro
    Installing windows was the worst thing though
    i knew someone would say that...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast