Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Thread

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

My Thread

I was curious why my thread got locked? It seemed to be going pretty well.

Anyway, I was going to post that I was back. I got DSL a couple days ago and downloaded PHLAK, and plan to get it installed when I get home.

Anybody have any opinions on PHLAK?

Linux User

Re: My Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwheelz
    I was curious why my thread got locked? It seemed to be going pretty well.
    1) I think this sums it up:
    Quote Originally Posted by flw
    There are some good disscussions in here but they have nothing to do with the original post. Please continue with the new posts and just use appropriate/correct subjects for them.
    2) Welcome back

3) I have no experience with PHLak - sorry. But feel free to share your opinions on it once you play with it a bit.
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

Linux Newbie
    Yeah, I read that post. Explains it somewhat, but I didnt get why it was needed to be closed. No, it wasnt on topic....but what thread stays on topic that long?

Anyway, I may just install that in a few minutes. When I do ill give some feedback.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwheelz
    Anyway, I may just install that in a few minutes. When I do ill give some feedback.
    Hi
    I can't find out what is phlack? Could u tell it to me plz?
    Thx

welcome back hotwheelz
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Engineer
    On the subject of posts being locked, if a post goes for more than a page or two it starts to become less usable for its orignal purpose or it's evolved purpose.

It also then makes the search function less accurate for future users looking for info already discussed.

The possible exception would ge off topic forums like this one, they can be abit longer but still after a few pages they tend to become meaningless but this is not a hard rule for this type of forum.

Hope this helps,
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Quote Originally Posted by Gnux
    I can't find out what is phlack? Could u tell it to me plz?
    http://www.phlak.org/modules/news/
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by flw
    On the subject of posts being locked, if a post goes for more than a page or two it starts to become less usable for its orignal purpose or it's evolved purpose.

It also then makes the search function less accurate for future users looking for info already discussed.

The possible exception would ge off topic forums like this one, they can be abit longer but still after a few pages they tend to become meaningless but this is not a hard rule for this type of forum.

Hope this helps,
    I can handle that explanation. Its just, I came back and saw that it was offtopic and closed. Thought maybe we got real strict on offtopic threads or something. Its all good though.

As for Phlack, I cant get the darn thing to install. I put the cd in, reboot, and I get the whole Phlak logo, and a think that says hit enter to boot. I hit enter, and I get a black screen with the penguin in the top left corner, and a blinking white thing. And thats as far as it goes. Im not sure what to do.

Linux Newbie
    Oh BTW, whatever happened to the Windows forum? I hope you all didnt forget us Windows/semi-Linux users.....

Linux Guru
    I decided to drop it, as its not really very busy, and windows is closed source software. I would rather concentrate the board on GNU/Linux (thats what we are about )