Results 1 to 10 of 17
As everyone on IRC seems to be posting stuff from www.bash.org , I thought i would start a thread for people to post their favourite bash.org quotes in. Max of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 01-29-2004 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
- London, UK
Whats your favourite Bash.org Quote?
Max of 1 post per day per person to stop us reproducing the entire bash.org archive in a week
I'll kick off with this one:
<stryhf> why do people persist in continuing to write **** APPLICATIONS IN JAVA
<stryhf> writing **** in JAVA doesn't make it ANY LESS ******
<stryhf> IT JUST MAKES IT SLOW ASS ****
- 01-29-2004 #2
<anamexis> oh man
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
- Knoxhell, TN
<anamexis> I was opening a coke, right
--> Beefpile (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #themacmind
<anamexis> and it exploded
<anamexis> ALMOST all over my keyboard
<anamexis> but I got it away just in time
<-- Beefpile has quit (sick ****ers)
<anamexis> :<Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr
- 01-29-2004 #3<SCarfAcE> Russia has sent in the army to bolster a week-long struggle to rescue 10 tons of beer trapped under Siberian ice, Itar-Tass news agency said Tuesday. A lorry carrying the beer sank when trying to cross the frozen Irtysh river, and a rescue team of six divers, 10 workers and a modified T-72 tank from the emergencies ministry have so far failed to save the load.
<SCarfAcE> now that's a great allocation of resources!
<Abstruse> scar: And all we had to get that baby out of the well were firefighters with Vasoline.
- 01-29-2004 #4<FFGnome> I got an E-mail from someone weird who wants to protect my Domain Name.
<FFGnome> I DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE! ^_^
<Hellspawn> Send them someone elses domain
<Hellspawn> tell them its already been stolen
<Hellspawn> and you will sign up if they get you it back
- 01-29-2004 #5<gleep> Heh. You people don't want to hear how one of my ex-bosses performed a mercy killing on a family's cat at their request.
<Sypher-Ryn> Yes we do
<gleep> I actually think it's quite funny.
<Sypher-Ryn> come on!! Mercy killings!
<me^2> tell us
<gleep> He was visiting a cousin's family, they lived out on in the country. While he was there, they told them about their cat that was really old, and had gotten quite sick. The vet had told them they should have it put to sleep. But they just couldn't do it... they started to drive it the 20 miles to the vet a couple times but never got very far.
<gleep> So when he was talking to their dad, he said he could take care of it. He had his pistol in his truck. So that evening he finds the cat and takes it out back of the house.
<gleep> (Don't read this, sensative viewers! ) So he's out there with his 357, looking down at the cat, who really /was/ in horrible shape. So he's about to shoot the cat when... Something came over him. He stuck his foot under the cat and kicked it into the air... and shot it midair. The 357 blew the poor critter to bits. Then he turns around and sees... The ENTIRE FAMILY staring at him through the picture window.
<FJ> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!111
<ashie> best story ever
Best one ever
- 01-29-2004 #6
[CaptHowdy] [~] $ touch /dev/genitalia
- Join Date
- Aug 2001
- USA, Texas
[CaptHowdy] touch: /dev/genitalia: Permission denied
My wife use to say: "No physical contact!"[ [ SykkN alloc ] initWithThePowerTo: destroyYouAll ];
/* Don\'t make me use it! */
- 02-02-2004 #7<rosonowski> Hah! I love slashdot sometimes.
<rosonowski> You know the old manta "Fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity?"
<rosonowski> Someone replied to it "If you know of a better way to make more virgins, I'd like to hear it."
- 02-13-2004 #8
- 02-13-2004 #9
- 03-06-2004 #10<blue-elf> IRC Weather: Partly laggy with an 80% chance of netsplits.Expect some afternoon smurf attacks coupled with windbags from the east.Me & Myself just ganged up on I....... Now We all have problems..and none of Us are speaking!
bash-3.00$ uname -a
SunOS sparky 5.11 OpenSolaris-swa sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise