Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Who Would Win ( WWW ) ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Linus Torvalds

32 91.43%
  • Bill Gates

3 8.57%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
If it came down to a fight between Linus Torvalds and Bill Gates who do you think would win ?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Bill Gates Versus Linus Torvalds: Rumble In The Jungle

If it came down to a fight between Linus Torvalds and Bill Gates who do you think would win ?

Linux Engineer
    Linus. Hands down. No contest. :P
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Linux Engineer
    torvalds, not because i support his work, but because hes an angry swede, and Sir bill is a *****. he would go cry to his lawyers when he got hit.

well i 'd hope but, Bill would just hire someone to do his fighting for him..
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Fair fight? No problem, Linus winns by walk over (gates crashed)
    unfair fight? Well, then Linus just makes an "int 0x80" with 0x1337C0DE in eax and the penguins and the hurd of GNU comes to assist
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

Just Joined!
    Gates and his "security team" lost to a pie thrower in the early 90s, so Linus gets my vote.

Linux Newbie
    Yes indeed folks it comes down to this,
    bill, the billy goat, gates and linus, linux, trovalds this will be a truly momuntus ocassion in what so people have comed to tearm this fight a "rumble in the jungle", who will win we shal leave to the good lord but i can tell you this with mr.gates standing at /insert height/ and /x.no of pounds/ and mr.trivalds standing at /insert height/ and /x no.of pounds/ this will surly be a tremundous occasion.
    the bookmakers are quoting 80 to 1 on on mr. trovalds (did i get that right?) in this rum-ble-in-the-jun-gle
    ^_^
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by mad_red_hatter
    the bookmakers are quoting 80 to 1 on on mr. trovalds (did i get that right?)
    Looks like linus is going to lose with those odds :P

I voted for Bill because I'm shure Billy could burry Linus in legal problems, thus no need for real violence.

But the real battle, would be between Steve Ballmer and Richard Stallman

Just Joined!
    Good observation, kriss, about the thing between Steve Ballmer and Richard Stallman! I was just lmfao when I read that! How true, how true.

The 'rumble in the jungle' shouldn't be a physical one, though. It should be along the line of a 'haX0r warz' thing. That would be the REAL deal!

So, we now have two showdowns: Bill Gates vs. Linus Torvalds and Steve Ballmer vs. Richard Stallman.

Strangely enough, I think the one between Ballmer and Stallman would be the more interesting one!

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast