Find the answer to your Linux question:
Indian Girl Weds Stray Dog A nine-year-old tribal girl in eastern India has married a stray dog as part of a ritual to ward off an "evil spell" on her, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Indian Girl Marries Stray Dog In India!!!! LOLOLOL! NO JOKE!

Indian Girl Weds Stray Dog

A nine-year-old tribal girl in eastern India has married a stray dog as part of a ritual to ward off an "evil spell" on her, Indian newspapers have reported.

The girl, Karnamoni Handsa, had to be married quickly because she had a tooth rooted to her upper gum, which is considered a bad omen by her Santhal tribe in the remote village of Khanyhan, about 60 kilometres (37 miles) from Calcutta.

"Members of the village jury asked us to get her married to a dog or to face the bad omen," the girl's father was quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.

The tribe elders said the marriage would not affect the girl's life, and that she would be free to marry again later and did not need to divorce the dog.

"It will not spoil her future. We will marry her off to eligible bachelor when she grows up," the girl's mother told AFP.

'No regret'

The wedding - which took place on 11 June - was attended by more than 100 guests, who danced to the beating of drums and drank home-made liquor.

"I have no regret in marrying the dog Bacchan. I am fond of the dog who moves around our locality," the girl told the AFP.

"Bacchan is a stray dog who survives on left-overs. I will take care of the dog," she added.

Indian newspapers reported that local police officials had ordered an inquiry into the incident.

The Santhals - most of whom are sharecroppers - are a large tribe living in the states of West Bengal and neighbouring Bihar and Jharkhand.

Source:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3004930.stm

Linux User
    ROFL!

Yet we cant even have gay people get married.

Ok i've heard of guy marrying a dog............But?
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    i once heard maddona had to 've her dogs trained to do her ....

Just Joined!
    I think that's sad, not funny at all

Linux User
    Damn, that's not funny it's a bit sick.
    Linux registered user #358842
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.

Linux Engineer
    I feel sorry for her...

nice to see silly superstitions are the rage around the world
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    I don't think it's sick or funny, it is, as every other decision, a "wise" decision, based on the knowledge at hand(that knowledge was: bad luck on it's way, can be averted by marrying a dog).

These people seriously believe that marrying a dog would avert bad luck, and as far as it goes, it isn't more true than anything we believe in.

DAMM thats sick and sad at the same time. As an indian it makes me sick to see that some people are so mentally retarded that they can't see that they are forever ruining the life of that poor girl. And don't think that such humilation is an isolated case, in India there are the so called "backward" people (read country dwellers) who degrade girls and women purely on the basis of tradition.

Such people are a blight on india and need be reeducated at once so that this doesn't happen again.