Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Ok now alot of us have routers... I do too ... or rather i did the story starts last night @ 01:32:03 ... I wen't to make dinner(wich i haven't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

So ya want to hear a funny?.........NOT!

Ok now alot of us have routers...
    I do too ... or rather i did the story starts last night @ 01:32:03 ... I wen't to make dinner(wich i haven't had yet) cheez burgers with the works, steamed vegies,and a baked potato(nuked potato rather) so i cook it all up put the potato in the nuker, turn off the fridge(so it wouldn't blow a fuse) punched in 4:00 minuts and went back to the puter to see what i missed on IRC.......... then............the lights went out! No biggie this happens, so down to the box i go i go down to the box i go, flick the breaker ...........back to the puter....hmm? i'm not online ok go into the router setup page check the status click to connect nothing happens,doit again and again, hmmm? Whats burning oh **** the veggies...toast ****! through that away.. back to the puter...oh crap whats burrning now... the burgers damn it...through it all away. damit got to get online i was in irc(damn IRC is adictive) . ok no router... got to get to the tech page????????...ok i'll reboot to window$ use dial up oh man this sux(window$ not the dial-up) so now i'm in windows with a dvorak KB w/a qwerty key map...hehehehe ^_^ 10 minuts later we have the KB configged...need a nap...but must get the router working, must get back to IRC must get website up must must mu.............. suficit to say the WAN side of the router Fried........ and i'm going to bed hungry. it is now 06:49:27 (and trust me it's not the firmware i installed new firmware no help, the hardware fried!) and too bad i can't take it trap shooting cause linksys wants it back to replace it...i do have a theory why it fried, and it was not a defect.... ( the lappie had a battery in it... my guess is the lappie back fed the router when the breaker blew)
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

So the moral of the stroy is this ...... dont nuke potatos.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds

Chaotic but fun to read :P It's not easily cooking and doing computer stuff at the same time
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Do no cook and compute!

Hey, my brain was in a state of chaos..... still is.

mabey i should of called this thread: How a potato killed my router!........
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules

Linux Guru
    ROTFL (although I'm terribly sorry for your loss)!

That's what I've always been saying, though - don't use those hardware routers. Use a true Linux router instead. =)

It's like a train wreck...I don't wanna laugh, but I can't stop.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Train wrecks are the most fun thing i like to watch................watch said!

But now this is one day out..... we are now using the router as a switch...so one box can get online but the rest can still talk on the LAN

or i could just use the LAN... with no WAN... but that's impractical, however the former is good enough untill the replacement arrives....though now i got software firewalls to make up for the router and the system is a little slower.....oh well
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules

Linux Guru
    Or, you could make a Linux computer into a router. Just plug in an extra NIC, configure NAT and you're all good to go.

Linux User
    Was there any need ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast