Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: How many have you enlightened?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

13 30.23%

10 23.26%
  • 2-5

18 41.86%
  • 6-20

1 2.33%
  • 21+

1 2.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Several, including some pc newbies. Who now use Linux as their prefered OS. And a lot of friends, some are now linux sysadmins It's a perfect way to test your ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Several, including some pc newbies. Who now use Linux as their prefered OS.
    And a lot of friends, some are now linux sysadmins

It's a perfect way to test your linux install and config if you have a newbie around
    And if they like it, they are hooked
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Just Joined!
    Most of my Company i think instead of 99% window boxes we are probably looking more like 40% windows boxes and 60% linux unfortunally there is still software we are required to run that is only for Windows but where it can there is linux installed

Just Joined!
    Umm almost two Friends, Almost my Father halfway.

But my Father will be tough as he is Microsoft Windows XP Tech Support.

But I am still waiting for my New HD so I havent even used Linux Extensively yet...mainly jsut Knoppix.

Im going to install many Distros on the new 120 GB HD.

Just Joined!
    about everyone i know can turn on a computer and realise that blue is not a good color for windows

Just Joined!
    So far, only one...me. However, all future contacts will have access to my 1000+--reasons-to-switch--internal--database.

Almost drowned by M$, so it's a permanent sale. (just happened)

Linux Enthusiast
    First of all my wife (because I too am the admin at home),
    but also a collegue at work

He's a happy Linux-man now.

I'm "working" on others..

Linux Newbie
    just 1 more
    but i will push for ithe numbers..............
    Portability is for people who cannot programme

Linux Engineer
    One of my friends were having hard times with the product activation on an XP on a old machine, at the same time it was slow so I made him install mandrake! It worked faster than XP, even with kde 3.2 so he was satisfyed

[rant]
    I try not to "evangelize" or mention the word "evangelize" when talking about operating systems, because there's a negative connotation to some people when you make a religious reference about something that's in no way related.

I love Linux, it works for me. I don't personally believe Linux works for everyone, nor do I think Linux should *try* to. Just as there are many different brands and models of automobiles to fit many different needs, there should be just as many operating systems to fit just as many different needs. Forcing everyone to use a Prius may make the environment smell better, but some people just NEED a large pickup or van or bus. But I digress.

Microsoft is effectively pigeonholing 90% of the computer users out there into their model of car, and I don't think that's right. I don't however think it's right for Linux users to try and do the same thing with our OS. Encourage *choice* and *competition*, not swapping one yoke for another.
    [/rant]
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by u231
    about everyone i know can turn on a computer and realise that blue is not a good color for windows
    Agreed! I haven't seen the bright blue of the bsod in Linux and am quite proud of that. Come to think of it...I don't see very many crashes.

As for me, I have tried to convert 2 people and have failed at that. I have though, heightened interest in one guy who is going to try it this summer.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast