Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: How many have you enlightened?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

13 30.23%

10 23.26%
  • 2-5

18 41.86%
  • 6-20

1 2.33%
  • 21+

1 2.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
I have got my brother to dual boot SuSE/windows. My Dad has Mandrake now, previously had SuSE as well...I have SuSE on a computer at work which a few of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I have got my brother to dual boot SuSE/windows. My Dad has Mandrake now, previously had SuSE as well...I have SuSE on a computer at work which a few of us use (it's just a small company with a laptop & a pc anyway!).

I answered 2, Myself and one friend.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Just Joined!
    So far I have only got my brother using Debian, but I have been able to free a few others from the thought that windows was the only choice.

Linux User
    I've been spreading linux and open source software for almost a year now. It began when I discovered firefox, and I begaqn telling others about it. one tool that was useful in this was the Open CD http://www.theopencd.org which is a CD iso that contains several high-quality windows opensource apps. lately, I've been giving linux install cds to a few people that I think are up to learning it, but as I've just started, none have installed it yet. One tried, but sort of got a bad taste for linux when it screwed up his partitioning (SuSE halved his windows partition, and now windows thinks C: is 15gb, but the suse installer thinks it is still 30gb, so it will not create a partition. if anyolne know how to fix this, please email or pm me)

Anyways, thing are going much better in my own house. All but one of our comptuers is at least a dual boot (our "gaming" computer still remains windows only) and my computer only runs linux

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3