Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
if theres only a 1% nag rate then i think its covered a decent enough majority for me...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

if theres only a 1% nag rate then i think its covered a decent enough majority for me
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

oz
    forum.guy
    Personally, I don't like Ubuntu, nor do I hate it.

I've tried it about 7 or 8 different times but for whatever reason can't seem to stick with it for more than a few days at a time. That doesn't mean that I'm giving up on it, though.

In the interim, it's great that it's out there for all those true Ubuntu lovers!
    oz

i've tried ubuntu in the past, but there are 2 reasons why i haven't kept with it:
    a) only 1 cd is nowhere near enough for no internet connection
    b) i couldn't get ubuntu to work with my wireless card anyway.

its an ok distro, though. but nothing special. therefore, i'm sticking with fedora because it suits me and its rock solid stable.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    wow, i didnt notice that peopel couldnt get their wireless cards working with ubuntu, all 5 of the wireless cards ive set up in ubuntu have worked flawlessly

The one observation I could add about Ubuntu - and bare in mind this isn't a complaint because I'm posting from it now - It's not as user friendly as people make out. Sure a lot of stuff works out of the box. But when it doesn't new users are cast into the world of /etc text editing. No problem for a regular linux user but if they're aiming for the new user market then maybe porting YaST or MCC to Ubuntu could be an idea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3