Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by techieMoe As I said, according to the article Cider is not an end-user product. I have issues with subscription software as well, but this is not the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    As I said, according to the article Cider is not an end-user product. I have issues with subscription software as well, but this is not the same thing as Cedega. It's a service being offered by Transgaming to publishers of MS Widnows games. In theory at least, it should be transparent to the end user. It will be just like buying a ported game, except they wouldn't need to completely rewrite the code to make it work. That to me sounds very promising, provided it works. I'm waiting to see the first commercial game they release like this before I make any kind of judgment call.
    Yeah I get what it is, I just wonder if it will be as patchy as cedega. Maybe the Mac platform will be easier to aim at than the moving target that linux can be.

... moving targets make better shooters.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2