Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: What age did you do a first successful install of linux?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-13

9 25.71%
  • 14-18

9 25.71%
  • 19-30

13 37.14%
  • 31-50

3 8.57%
  • 50-69

0 0%
  • 70+

1 2.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
I'm 14. I started using linux when i was around 12....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I'm 14. I started using linux when i was around 12.

Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    Hello and welcome. I don't know who the youngest forum member is: there's quite a wide age range here these days. Most people seem to be under 25, but I'm 42 and still learning.
    I guess we are the old-timers here, fingal.

Quote: Hrundi V. Bakshi (alias Peter Sellers): The wisdom is the privilege of old men.
    (does anyone still remember in which film Hrundi V. Bakshi appeared? )
    Windows free since 2002 | computing since 1984

Just Joined!
    I installed Linux when I was around 14, but at the time I was more of a gamer, so it wasnt that amazing haha. Im now getting more into Linux, but I'm not surprised to see people at that age using and working with Linux, thankfully it has become a lot more user friendly over the years.

16 here

I think I got involved in Linux when I was 8 because my father always blamed Microsoft and Bill Gates saying that windows is crap and i should use linux. He installed dual boot (with redhat using lilo) on my old 486 mhz compaq and 48mb of ram. Before I always got help from a friend of my father but he doesnt help me anymore so im here in the forums.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pablo
    16 here

I think I got involved in Linux when I was 8 because my father always blamed Microsoft and Bill Gates saying that windows is crap and i should use linux. He installed dual boot (with redhat using lilo) on my old 486 mhz compaq and 48mb of ram. Before I always got help from a friend of my father but he doesnt help me anymore so im here in the forums.
    I like your dad!
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    I'm 18 years old, I got into Linux when I was 15. Since then I have gotten involved in C programming, assembly, and machine language programming. Thank you Linux

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kojak
    I guess we are the old-timers here, fingal.

Quote: Hrundi V. Bakshi (alias Peter Sellers): The wisdom is the privilege of old men.
    (does anyone still remember in which film Hrundi V. Bakshi appeared? )
    Yep ... Getting older these days. I can remember The Beatles being in the charts, which is very scary. Funny though: things haven't changed all that much in some ways. Human nature is much the same.

I remember the very first pocket calculators ... the first digital watches (I think they look silly). I just like simple stuff in the end.

Not sure about the Peter Sellers film. I could easily cheat of course and use elgoog.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Is that The Party?

Hi I'm new to linux but have had suse linux professional 9.0 kicking around the house for a couple of years now, so the 1st time I had no joy at all and it really put me off trying anymore, then I got windows vista, which ok is nice to look at but will be very expensive, loaded with problems, and bombaded with virus's and lining bill gates pockets, then I tryed ubuntu 64bit 6.06 which was ok but my mp3's would'nt work at all downloaded loads of stuff but would'nt load in ubuntu so that came and went, now I've xandros desktop 3 oc edition which has everything is really easy to use, and love it. When I could'nt get anywhere with ubuntu it was like great I've got this fantastic new o s and can't wait to use it, then it was like it had broke and was'nt very usefull anymore so bin it, but with xandros it's alot like windows but abit different. and loads cheaper it only cost me 1.00 from www.tuxdiscs.com, at 44 years old, I'm learning new things, I can't wait to put windows finally in the trash can, I've also got mandriva 2006/dreanlinux works/ pclinux/simply mepis/alinux/ the open cd and I would'nt mind trying knoppix. T

Just Joined!
    I'm eleven. I beat you all.

I am currently working on installing linux on a virtual machine, my distro is DSL(Damn Small Linux) and i can run a live cd but i'm having trouble mounting it to a virtual hard drive (If anyone can help me with that, read my post in Other Distro's). I started computer programming at... age 11. I want to start learning C/C++, but it looks scary . I am currently programming in a language called AutoIt V3, but a down side is autoit isn't compatible with linux . I hope i can get my first linux distro up and running soon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast