Find the answer to your Linux question:
And what do we have to think about this article: Opensource.org It doesn't supprise me, if it's true. Some lawyers gonna love this one.... Any idea's ? I'm not sure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Microsoft and SCO... A perfect match.

And what do we have to think about this article:
    Opensource.org

It doesn't supprise me, if it's true.
    Some lawyers gonna love this one....

Any idea's ? I'm not sure what to think about it yet.

Source: Slashdot
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

I doubt that it is authentic. Somehow the language is wrong... It reads like it was written by a Bulgarian script kiddie on Redbull, though of course the world is a strange place and who knows??
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Good point, but why would slashdot publish a doc by a script kiddie as would ODSL ????

I don't get it...
    There must be something......
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Hmmm interesting. I must admit that I don't know anything about Slashdot. I'm still fairly new at Linux. Is this site all it seems? It depends on their editorial policy. Do they control their content carefully?
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Slashdot is a know news site among many *nix users and admins.

I've never seen them post something that isn't checked first.

SCO Says Microsoft Memo Is Legit

Source: http://wired.com/
    and
    Slashdot
    and here:
    news.com
    The smell is getting ulgy.
    And they are trying to find a way out.

Linux Engineer
    The spelling on the article is atrocious. </dodgy>
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Why dosent someone just put the ppl at SCO out of thier minery! This is so laughable that u almost feel sorry for them...and even i can spell better than them!
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

SCO publicly lies about: Computer Associates, and licenses

An anonymous reader writes "Blake Stowell, SCO's director of communications, acknowledged that the leaked memo is real." However, Stowell went on to say that the memo was misunderstood, and that Microsoft has not been funding SCO, as was previously alleged. In addition, Computer Associates is now vehemently denying they ever licensed Linux from SCO. AlabamaMike writes "Being employed by Computer Associates myself, I had to admit I was terribly dismayed by the news that the company I work for had licensed SCO's dubious Linux IP. I sent some mail around to those I thought would have some info about what was going on with this very odd move, and the response that came back truly should be posted for the /. community. Basically this is a very creative spin on a settlement CA did with Canopy Group regarding a breach of contract settlement totally unrelated to Linux. Associated with that settlement was a set of UnixWare licenses to which SCO has taken the liberty of attaching these 'Linux IP' licenses."
    Source : Slashdot.org
    Source2 : Davanum Weblog

Auch, SCO just fell through, publicly lying to stockholders and public.
    This is fuel for IBM and others against SCO.

Story : Computer Associates, others sign SCO licenses News.com

Part 2, Return of M$ with SCO.

Check out these neat stories.
    A leaked memo from a SCO employee, it seems M$ has more to do with SCO than they admit. And look... even the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is now involved.
    Auch, that gotta have some reprecussion on the current lawsuits. If SCO slips and loses the trails, not only SCO will feel the pain, but M$ will too.... They will never the less, but more in terms of counter claims...

Boy, i think I followed the wrong course at school, took computer sciense instead of law...

Here the links:

Newsforge

ODSL

Extra:
    Linux.org

Enjoy....