Find the answer to your Linux question:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5319190.stm Seems us Europeans have been kicked in the teeth again by Sony over it's release of a console (remember PSP). I wasn't really considering buying one (I'm looking forward ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

PS3 delayed in Europe till Mar 2007

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5319190.stm

Seems us Europeans have been kicked in the teeth again by Sony over it's release of a console (remember PSP). I wasn't really considering buying one (I'm looking forward to the wii) but I know there's going to be a lot of disappointed people.
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Oh dear - looks like a lot of kids (of all ages) won't be getting their favourite prezzy.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

yeah, i'd rather have a wii in my living room than a PS3, but my mother just won't let me >.>
    sorry, couldn't resist
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by d38dm8nw81k1ng
    yeah, i'd rather have a wii in my living room than a PS3, but my mother just won't let me >.>
    sorry, couldn't resist
    Theres always one

anyway, wii stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73yDRm8KaWY

actually, according to one of the micro mart writers, the PS3 could be the end of sony. if it doesn't sell well (as i'm sure it won't) then sony are going to be owing a lot of money to a lot of people. the cost to develop the PS3 is massive, and the problems with blu ray have only pushed the costs higher, and the delays are only damaging their marketability. remember the PS2 got a huge amount of market penetration by being early. by the time the xbox and gamecube came out the PS2 had a large number of quality games and a growing fanbase and reputation. this time it's the xbox 360 out and it's definitely able to undercut the PS3 in price so it looks like sony could be in for a lot of trouble. also, take into account that many of the more hardcore gamers are looking more increasingly like getting a wii instead of a PS3 and you see sony stuck in a bit of a rut.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

I guess in many ways sales in the US & Japan will have a lot to do with it. If it gets released there on time and does well it may still be able to keep it's head above water.

I just with Nintendo all the success for being creative and refreshing