Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anyone seen those IBM/Linux commercials? I like them. Seems strange to like commercials, normally I avoid them at all cost... but I guess these appeal to me. Here's an .mpg ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

IBM/Linux Commercials

Anyone seen those IBM/Linux commercials? I like them. Seems strange to like commercials, normally I avoid them at all cost... but I guess these appeal to me.

Here's an .mpg of the first one.

And here are the rest. Note, not all of these are linux commercials, just the last eight.

I've seen one ad from IBM about GNU/Linux where a lot of OS's are on playing basketball, and then "Linux" scores and the ad says "Choose us because we use Linux" or something like that. saw it a long time ago, but still remeber it because I was so suprised when I saw it

Kriss

Also, I thought I might wonder how other users in this forum feel about IBM co-opting linux, as they have been doing.

For me, it makes me wary, but assuming IBM behaves itself, I think it's fine.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    flw
    Linux Engineer
    When IBM believe that there will be some real or imagined dead end in trying to compete head on with Win2003 and win2k it will drop it. Just like OS2/Warp for PC's. Six months after a major release some lost all hope and dropped the entire line.

Don't get me wrong, if we need high quality commercial versions and the others (free versions) can pick up any benifits as well, I'm all for it. But both IBM and Novell have management history's of giving up when things get tough. That was then and this is now so well all see in 6 months or a few years.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"