Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Wondering if you can help me with a Visual Basic database problem, this problem are *very* unusual. Not even the people at a visual basic forum know why and how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Programmers, can you help me?

Wondering if you can help me with a Visual Basic database problem, this problem are *very* unusual. Not even the people at a visual basic forum know why and how to fix this

heres my problem

The Program (Download this first)

I am getting a debug error to two forms, these forms have code to change the record using the adodc control, this code is:
    Code:
    Private Sub adoAddress_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum, ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset)
    'Show record number
    adoAddress.Caption = adoAddress.Recordset.AbsolutePosition & " of " & adoAddress.Recordset.RecordCount
    End Sub
    This bit is highlighted by the debugger

Private Sub adoAddress_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum, ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset

This error occurs on both forms in question, these forms are frmPhones and frmAddresses

Can you please have a look at this error so you can maybe help me? thx

i want to help but i cant look at the code cause i use vb5 at work and u must have wrote this in vb6 or maybe even .net. could you let use know what version of vb it is?
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by big_k105
    i want to help but i cant look at the code cause i use vb5 at work and u must have wrote this in vb6 or maybe even .net. could you let use know what version of vb it is?
    its vb6

what is the exact error that it is giving you?

edit: and im jst curious but what visual basic forums did you use.
    i would think the guys at vbforums.com would beable to help you out they are a smart bunch over there
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com

Linux Newbie
    i used http://www.visualbasicforum.com

the error i get is:

'Procedure declaration does not match description of event or procedure having same name'

Note: there is no other procedure with the same name

well since i cant run the program in vb5 my recommendation is to post it up at http://www.vbforums.com and see if anyone there can help. and if not there check out
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Prog.../Visual_Basic/

and see what you get from those two sites. but i have always had good luck at vbforums.com so check there first. good luck and sorry i cant help maybe i will boot into windows to nite and see if i can look at it and run it at home
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com

Linux User

stuff

this error
    Procedure declaration does not match description of event or procedure having same name
    means that the sub event you are using has the wrong parameters.
    I'm just installing VB6 now to see whats happened. I'll post something in a few minutes.
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

Linux User

ado bug

There is a bug in the msadodc.ocx file - you are using version 6.0.81.71 as am I. I tried updating the MDAC but that didn't do it. So I'm now downloading the VB service pack (58Mb). I'll let you know if this includes an updated OCX.
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

Linux User

fixed!

Ok you need to download the vb service pack 4 from the microsoft site.

then change your code to this:
    Code:
    Private Sub adoAddress_MoveComplete(ByVal adReason As ADODB.EventReasonEnum, ByVal pError As ADODB.Error, adStatus As ADODB.EventStatusEnum, ByVal pRecordset As ADODB.Recordset)
        adoAddress.Caption = adoAddress.Recordset.AbsolutePosition & " of " & adoAddress.Recordset.RecordCount
    End Sub
    If you can't manage the 56Mb download then I can email you just the ocx file and you can copy it to c:\windows\system32\
    and register it by hand. regsvr32 msadodc.ocx

up to you. kriszani@iscavision.com

Linux Newbie
    thx mate, how did you find that out? i been trying to fix this problem for a while

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast