Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
My favorite thing about linux is that t doesn't try to seperate the user from the console. I still think the console is the best way to perform tasks such ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

What is your favorite thing about linux

My favorite thing about linux is that t doesn't try to seperate the user from the console. I still think the console is the best way to perform tasks such as file organization and so on. I hate the console in windows. So I guess I'm saying BASH is awsome. What is your favorite thing about linux.
    The computer made me do it!! Slackware and SUSE too Gig\'em WHOOOOP!!
    \"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain amount of tasks, At the rate I\'m going I will never die.\" (I don\'t know)

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Very simple, choices. You actually have them.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

It runs....... and it runs...... and it runs...............
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

the gui actually have good programs installed by default. Getting the notepad and the calculator during a windows install is depressing.

The license.

Just Joined!
    Freedom!
    Anybody that says Linux and open source are anti-american and communist influenced are missing the whole point.
    It's about freedom baby, yeah!

Just Joined!
    the fact that virtualy anything you can do with the GUI you can do with the comand line

Just Joined!
    It's free. Instead of paying 200 bucks for Windows I can spend 30 minutes downloading and installing and get a good learning experience.

Linux Newbie
    i like the license, KDE, the fact that it isn't microsoft (i no longer have to support his corruption) and BASH is great too (DOS sucks)

i like that it is free and that i have so many choices on which distro i want to use and what apps i want to use. and the GPL kicks arse. i also love that i have only crashed my system once as in windows i could crash it once ever 10 mins (im exaggerating, or am i ). and also that you dont even have to use gui at all you can do everything you need to in command line mode. i use gui but i like the idea that if i wanted i could browse online chat in irc and all that with out having to use gui at all. wow there is jst so much more i love about linux but this is already getting really long
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast