Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Did you have a reputation in school; good or bad?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 70.97%
  • No

6 19.35%
  • Wasn't 'into' computers at school

3 9.68%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
When I was in school, we really didn't have computers. Does being on first name bases with the principle count? I guess I am old, no wait, experienced....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

When I was in school, we really didn't have computers. Does being on first name bases with the principle count?
    I guess I am old, no wait, experienced.

You can kinda say I had a reputation in school (still have, as I'm still in school), I was a bit know as the computer freak (both for god and worse :/ ). But I kinda had good use of it, like I was assigned to the task of making a decent homepage for our school, long time ago, now they've put flash on it.
    And now I'm more or less one of the favourite computer studens, in a project work I'm going to be a bit of boss of the technical part of it (where did my modesty go? :P )

devpon, hehe depens on what country you are in (here in sweden we usually address eachother by our firstnames, we even say "du" (second person, singular "you") to each otehr here ).

kriss, 'bitmaster', I haven't head that, but I remembered that when I told a classmate at school that I know some opcoding/hexcodeing/bitbending(10010000 <=> nop/xchg (e)ax,(e)ax <=> "no op") he looked kinda funny at me (you know the look "eh? are you a stupid or a mad scientist?")
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

Just Joined!
    i have no reputation at school but this brings me to a thought

if its a secret spy satelite , and they announce that on tv, its not a spy satelite anymore right?

thats why i laugh when guys talk about hacking at school.

i program on my off time and own a linux comp but dont bring that into school

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    yes but they knew about me because i was kind of like a good hacker, i told them what i found and how to fix it all the time.... thats why i never really got into trouble, just some students never liked me

Just Joined!
    i taught my it teacher how to do something on excel
    i was so lucky that on my laptop from the school thel let me install something that is not ie but they still won't let me install linux

Linux Engineer
    i think i had a good reputation.although those people who are meant to be computer "freaks" don't have a good reputation.i think i combined both as possible....
    Linux For Ever!

Linux Newbie
    in high school i didn't really do much with computers. i didn't start messing around with computers 'till i started college. now i would consider myself quite literate in computer, but back in high school i was quite illiterate. i have always been a science geek though. this is probably why i am studying physics instead of computer sci. in college.

Linux Newbie
    In school, I was the math nerd, the sience geek, the history buff and the loner.
    I was in my 30's and already driving trucks for 6 years before I bought my first computer.
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Linux Guru
    I try not to let other people's perception of myself worry me too much

Linux Newbie

Re: Did you have a reputation in school, good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by ICeMaN

I was known to the teaches as the one they always watched because i made the network admin look like an arse, hehe

i could prob do that as well.

few weeks ago the head of IT was trying to get a mandrake 7 machine on the winXP network, i watched over his shoulder. he didn't even touch linuxconf so after he had finished getting nowhere. i took his place shot straight into linuxconf and found the network config section. i won't tell him though, just let him suffer hahaha
    Cry out for freedom! Cry out for Linux!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast