Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Did you have a reputation in school; good or bad?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 70.97%
  • No

6 19.35%
  • Wasn't 'into' computers at school

3 9.68%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Did you have a reputation in school to do with computers, if it was good or bad? I was known to the teaches as the one they always watched because ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Did you have a reputation in school, good or bad?

Did you have a reputation in school to do with computers, if it was good or bad?

I was known to the teaches as the one they always watched because i made the network admin look like an arse, hehe

is yes = good and no = bad. i think that should be changed to good bad or i wasnt into computers i will vote as soon as i know which is which. but i dont know if mine rep with computers was good or bad mostly good i think cause i help alot of idiots out when they needed help with **** in any computer classes. i remember one class where i helped out and was getting asked to help so much is was like the teacher wasnt even in the room. and i wasnt getting any of my **** done so that kind of sucked but then when i was working on my work that i had to finish and then to work on my final for the class the instructor told me i didnt have to finish everything because i had helped out others so much that i must know what i was doing so he jst took what i had done and gave me a grade on that instead. (i think my dad had talked to the teacher about the idea that i had helped out everyone in the class because the teacher hated me.) i was a smart ass in one of his other class i had with him but thats a whole other story
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

I went yes means: reputation == TRUE; no means: reputation == FALSE;
    So, no. I mean, the most noteworthy accomplishment I've had is cleaning a managers reg keys in windows, via step by step from symantec.

So, that's a really big `no' for me.

Linux Newbie
    After doing several speeches and always talking about computers, noone really looks down upon me...rather, come to me for their computer questions. My #1 answer is FATAL ERROR: GET LINUX .
    If you love something, emerge it

Just Joined!
    Back in HS I was known as the kid who would always get past all the blocks that were put into place on the internet or email. I was only known within my group of friends however since I wasn't a very popular person among the student body.

Just Joined!
    in my classes i found how to turn on the internet, and how to get past the internet blocks to the games

At Tech Uni we were constantly busy creating and upgrading BBSes.
    And play with the AIX machines available.... Trashing the WinSock of the Win311 workstations
    The good old time...
    The days that Mosaic just hit the big I.....
    We were know as junkers, cuz we collected everything
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Darl
    I went yes means: reputation == TRUE; no means: reputation == FALSE;
    This what i mean by the question options

Some people.. for whatever reason call me the 'bitmaster', so I guess I have kinda geeky reputation in school.

I've always been interested in computers, from 1'st grade (win 3.1 times) to now

Kriss

Linux Newbie
    My reputation is kinda mixed. Within the student body i have a good one, i always know how to fix their problem but the admin and sutch think differently. I got 2 detentions a few weeks ago because i was involved in sending a pop up message to every puter in the district but the other people involved got a slag on the wrists. my best trick was when we had 98 and i could merge a homeade REG file then make explorer crash/ restart and WOW, ive got admin privliges on that puter! Now we-ve got XP and its alot harder