Find the answer to your Linux question:
A quick question to all those people who have purchased linux CD's or linux related books online in the past year. The question is: - Which company did you purchase ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Buy Linux CD's/Books -- where do YOU buy from?

A quick question to all those people who have purchased linux CD's or linux related books online in the past year.

The question is:
    - Which company did you purchase from, and would you recommend them?

Cheers,

Jason

i normally go to Barnes and Noble down the street for books instead of buying online. but i have bought openbsd and linux from scratch online this past year but thats about it. im to cheap to pay for shipping

edit: i would recommend www.bn.com (Barnes and Noble) web site, and another place is www.bookpool.com its where my company bought me a few vb books from and they came pretty fast the site is only discounted technical books so they mite have linux books. but im not sure
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Engineer
    Tends to be Amazon.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

I try to staw away from big corporations, and instead buy of small companies that need my money much more than the big ones does. I also read a lot of books online, but paperbooks is always a good thing (although you cannot ctrl-F in them ).

Well, since I buy most stuff off Norwegian sites, I dubt anyone being intrested in it, but a good place is datajungelen.no

i buy from big corperations because im still nervious about using my credit card online i dont trust some smaller sites that i dont know
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Newbie
    I had to get a couple Linux books for my college class, and had to get them at the college bookstore. Could have gotten them cheaper online, but they wouldnt have been here for a few days and I needed them quick