Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Well, I am back folks. Not that anybody really cares. Im sure you all werent sitting around missing me Hopefully it is alright that I make a new thread since ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

I Am Back

Well, I am back folks. Not that anybody really cares. Im sure you all werent sitting around missing me

Hopefully it is alright that I make a new thread since I cant go to my old thread. Anyway, I am back. That is true. I started a class this quarter called Intro To Linux/Unix so I figured it was time for me to install Linux on my machine (again...) and get back to these forums. Since I will need to use this knowledge and all or else I fail. So, here I am.

I installed Mandrake 9.2 earlier but my problem is that I cannot get it to recognize the onboard ethernet with my Abit mobo. At one time I had internet working in Mandrake, but that was after installing another NIC, which I then used the onboard in Windows and the 2nd NIC in Linux. Now, im trying to use the same for both. Mandrake 9.2 is not listed but 9.1 is, so I will try thsoe. I installed the drivers that should work for them all, but...they didnt work for me.

So anyway, that is where I stand now.

How is everybody doing, BTW?

Linux Newbie
    Well I got the Mandrake 9.1 and up drivers and those didnt work. So I grabbed the NIC out of my 2nd computer (not running) and stuck it in there. Still nothing after configuring that. I have yet to go find the drivers for that, but I will work on that tomorrow. Hopefully it works. Or else, I will have to go back to Red Hat 9, which I dont like.

Anybody know the advantages of going to RH 7.3? I find 9 to be a little bloated. Would 7.3 be the opposite?

Hello Hotwheelz welcome back I can now blow the candle out Im fine how about you.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Welcome back, and post a lot

Kriss

Linux Newbie
    Im not too bad. Stressed, thats all. College is starting off somewhat slow but the classes im taking are going to be a ton of fun

Linux Guru
    wassup Hotwheelz ?

hope all is well

Linux Newbie
    Well if the Mariners can hold this lead, then the day is great. No matter what else happens

Linux Newbie
    Back again, and posting from Mandrake 10. I am now far enough in the class that I have learned to compile programs and really have fun with Linux. I at least know my way around, for the most part.

Im in the process of getting some basic things installed. Looking at Blackbox right now.

How is everybody doing?

hey hotwheelz and welcome back. im doing pretty good except i dont have internet setup at home yet. so i am only on for about a total of 20 mins a day now while at work and on break but hopefully tonite i will get the internet goin.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Hey Hotwheelz! Great to see you back again! Hope you're here to stay this time, eh?

All is well here, though. Come chat sometime in the IRC channel.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast