Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
If I wanna buy linux CDS and I dont have a credit card is thelinuxstore.ca a good site. I see a thing to pick money order, so can I just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned
    By my Gat and [modded] PSP listening to Gangsta Rap

thelinuxstore.ca Trusted site?

If I wanna buy linux CDS and I dont have a credit card is thelinuxstore.ca a good site. I see a thing to pick money order, so can I just send cash in the mail????

Also is it safe to give them my shipping information??? I have gave shipping info before to:

Orybx software -- for a driver CD
    Microsoft-- XP SP2 CD
    Shipit-- Free Ubuntu CD

I trust the places above [microosft wont kill anyone in my house at night, cuz then theres less people living to get bill Gate$ rich!!]

Anyways, can I trust thelinuxstore.ca? I never paid for anything off the net, only free stuff, so Im not sure if I can send cash in the mail...

Quote Originally Posted by realg187
    Anyways, can I trust thelinuxstore.ca? I never paid for anything off the net, only free stuff, so Im not sure if I can send cash in the mail...
    I've never used thelinuxstore.ca, so I can't say whether or not they're trustworthy. What I can say is never send cash (as in actual bills in an envelope) through the mail. Use a cashier's check, a real bank check if you have an account, or a money order. All three of these methods offer you some sort of protection should your envelope get lost or stolen in transit.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Banned
    Wats a cashiers check or money order? That site has money order! How do I do that?? Isnt money order where you send cash in the mail?

a money order is secured cash almost like a check. if it gets stolen there is a way to recoup the funds and you cant cash it very easily if you are not the intended recipient. i used to use them on ebay before there came paypal, bidpay and such.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Wats a cashiers check or money order? That site has money order! How do I do that?? Isnt money order where you send cash in the mail?
    In a manner of speaking, yes. Money orders are an alternative to sending cash in the mail. Here's the Wikipedia explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_order
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cashier%27s_check
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Banned
    I cant write cheques...

I cant write cheques...
    Which is why we also suggested money orders. You go to a place like Western Union, give them the cash, they write you a check for the person you want to send it to, and send it off. Honestly, do you even read the answers to the questions you ask?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Banned
    Oh, they write a cehquw from their account? And I pay them cash, actaully im doing something similar to get a Rom Card for NDS/GBA, give cash to someone with a credit card and they take my cash and use it to pay..

You go to a place like Western Union, give them the cash, they write you a check for the person you want to send it to, and send it off
    Thats a good explanation! You shuld just said that instead of linking, I read about the first paragraph, anyways, I thnk I see a Western Union sign at a store i know, so I give them cash for a cheque, send it off and thelinuxstore cahses it and sends my CD(s) off?? And if something goes wrong the cheque never gets cashed and I can claim my money back?

contact Western Union ....
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    contact Western Union ....
    how do I do that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast