Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
A couple people and I are trying to convert windows people to Linux, they keep saying no and making fun of the penguin, so what should I do to get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

The Penguin

A couple people and I are trying to convert windows people to Linux, they keep saying no and making fun of the penguin, so what should I do to get them to love the penguin and maybe that can lead to them installing Linux, they aren't very 'computer geeked' but my friend and I can get them running RedHat, Mandrake, and SuSE if we convince them to drop the window and pick up the penguin, how should I go about and do this.

Just Joined!
    At gunpoint

Just Joined!
    first of all
    ask them why they love ms-windows?
    then tell them why linux is more powered than windows
    tell them they can run all windows apps under linux but windows is not so powered in runnung linux software
    i think it may help u
    peace

don
    Linux Newbie
    ignorance is bliss. let them live in their own world and choose what they like. I have never supported linux missionaries. IF linux symbolizes freedom, then ppl should be free to choose what they like. As for power, flexibility and a whole lot of things, it may be the life for most of us, but many ppl dont really need it, so let them be. If linux is to be the future, it would be, without any mass canvassing

"You dont choose your destiny, destiny chooses you"
    I\'m just a simple fisherman blessed with a lot of friends

Just Joined!
    buy them a Tux plush toy here

i've seen better and i'm trying to find one that's an offical Tux. one of my co-workers has one i'll need to bug about where he got it.

Taz
    Just Joined!
    Just tell them that we can play with TUX, windows we don't do anymore! Eventually they will begin to see the benefits of using Linux, arm twisting just leaves a bad taste even after eating candy.

The best thing to do is subtly hint at how much better Linux is. Don't force them...make them curious and/or jealous to convert them. And if they don't convert, smile in private at their ignorance.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Just show them the way. But remember, they must walk it. Sure you can help them, but if you say that GNU/linux is SO great, and they will find only one thing (be it big, be it small) that they don't like, or that is different then WindowsRGE (Really Good Edition) in a way that they don't like. They will rube it in your face! And probably tell all there friends how bad it is.

If you really want to "convert" people in using GNU/linux, then just tell everyone that you are good with tux, and if they ever need help, you can help them!!!

just spark their interest. the reason i switched was becuz i was curious, and fed up w/ Win crashing, but mostly just curious. it was something i had never tried before and decided i needed to break from Windows. plus i love it whenever someone is talking about something about they did something on their computer and say i should do it, but then say, "oh right, u have linux." i just smilie and point out how naive they are, or just show that I am even more of a geek

Just Joined!
    don't pressure them, i started because some kid at my school gave another copy of redhat 9 and i had not idea what that was so i downloaded debian hated it looked for something better and than got hooked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast